2022 Tour de Francis

Knoxtnhorn

11 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Pogacar is surely going to attack at some point. The question is when. Kwiatkowski surely has the stage win at this point

They made it close, but it looks like he's going to hang on for the win.

But the lack of an attack thus far by Pogacar is a little surprizing. ...

Oh wait there it is.

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The dumb dildos that run alongside the riders as they go up this stage make me want to toss them over the side of the cliff. We'll get some moron who collides with a rider one of these days. 

cover_image_cropped_(9).jpg

• Rage+1 2

53 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The dumb dildos that run alongside the riders as they go up this stage make me want to toss them over the side of the cliff. We'll get some moron who collides with a rider one of these days. 

Didn't it already happen this year? Hence the warnings.

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

Tomorrow looks brutal, could be a deciding day.

Joux Plane is always a motherfucker.

I think Col de la Loze is going to be the decider though. Super long and high, and in the third week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Emma Norsgaard puts me on my big chain ring, if you catch my drift. She could derail my derailleur, put the Alp in my 'd Huez etc ... wink wink, nudge nudge know what I mean?

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, G650 said:

Joux Plane is always a motherfucker.

I think Col de la Loze is going to be the decider though. Super long and high, and in the third week.

Agreed.  That’s where Pog take the final bite out of Jonas.

1 hour ago, G650 said:

I used to date a girl that was an absolute twin of Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig

Cecile Ludwig is my favorite chick cyclist to watch.  

Not sure all those days of JV putting riders in the break paid off well today. UAE looking like le train bleu there up the Colombier but TP didn’t seem to have the legs to rip anyone apart. Hell of a burst though and Jonas can’t match it. Keep chipping away, maybe take a flier tomorrow for yellow or just have it be equal going into the TT and he’s got it. 

Still a great Tour though!

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, EastHorn said:

Question will be if JV can crack TP on a long climb as he is the more pure climber.  Plenty of those left and it only takes one HC to do it.  Otherwise I think TP takes it on the time trial.  

Precisely

Question will be if JV can crack TP on a long climb as he is the more pure climber.  Plenty of those left and it only takes one HC to do it.  Otherwise I think TP takes it on the time trial.  

Pog has never been faster than JV in a time trial at the end of a Grand Tour (per The Move). Found that surprising and interesting.

Edited by tx ind

13 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Pog has never been faster than JV in a time trial at the end of a Grand Tour (per The Move). Found that surprising and interesting.

Yeah, but I can only think of 2 times they have raced against each other in a 3rd week TT.  In 2021, Pog had a 5 minute lead and was riding not to crash.  Jonas was racing to hold off Carapaz who was close in 3rd place.  Last year, Pog was out of gas from attacking to catch up all week (not to mention put himself in a hole chasing Roglic early in the Granon stage).  That’s kind of an aggy type stat.

This big ass crash delay sucks.

Edited by Horn Dogg

I think this idea that Pog can’t climb is overblown too.  Jonas is a great climber, but Pog is the modern cannibal and has won plenty of long climbs.  I still think that if he had just stuck in Jonas wheels on Granon stage last year we wouldn’t even be having this argument.  I could be wrong though, this tour will definitely show us the truth.  

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

Yikes. Meintjes out will collarbone from that one

Considering how big that crash was I’ll take it.  Nobody seriously injured and all the real contenders are OK.  I’ll bet Jonas doesn’t hang at the back anymore after that.