Patagonia owners give away their company

52-80

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Which is fine to skiing, but can lead to significant consequences if you are in the backcountry on foot.  Good gear can make or break your trip.  

Yep.  On the ski hill, it means you've shortened your day and you're probably in a pissed off mood.  In the backcountry it could have much more serious consequences.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

A simple example: LL Bean has a lightweight pack-away jacket that is every bit as high quality as the Patagonia nano puff, except it costs $129 instead of $229. 

You're moving the goalposts.  Nobody says LL Bean doesn't make good shit.  You should be comparing the Walmart brand to Patagonia.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

So you do have quality stuff, you just didn't pay full price for most of it.  That's a very different conversation than the one we're having in here.  I think I still have my white frame Vuarnets around somewhere.

Pretty much all my stuff is high quality. With jackets and pants the purchase is almost all style and then fit. Socks and gloves are probably style but mainly reviews. Shoes is first fit and then style and I'll pay for it - I got tired of buying good brands and having them be uncomfortable. I'll get the very high end Italian brands etc. as long as they are comfortable and look nice. I'll pay for them.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Depends upon the purpose.  If I'm doing ranch work or helping a friend put in a new sprinkler system, etc., I'm wearing my crappiest stuff that can/will get messed up.  

Well, yeah.  That's why I have a Carhart-type jacket and pants (knockoffs from Murdochs) for when I'm snowblowing.  Not going to risk the ski gear for that.

2 minutes ago, Mittens said:

youdaman!  Gracias @Bateshorn

image.png.cf95328510e9816b84430adaa840812c.png

That stuff is the shit.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Hook 'Em 1