Travel to TX/OU

Ghost of LL

So this is the first time I've gone to Texas-ou as a guy who doesn't live in Dallas.  When I lived here, I'd of course drive.  But now, I'm at a hotel in Downtown, so I can take the DART train or an Uber.  

What's the best option?  How big a clusterfuck is the DART?  And is Uber available after the game?  Should I just say "fuck it" and drive like I always did?

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

So this is the first time I've gone to Texas-ou as a guy who doesn't live in Dallas.  When I lived here, I'd of course drive.  But now, I'm at a hotel in Downtown, so I can take the DART train or an Uber.  

What's the best option?  How big a clusterfuck is the DART?  And is Uber available after the game?  Should I just say "fuck it" and drive like I always did?

I paid $150 for an Uber from Fair Park to Skillman/Mockingbird a few years ago right after the game.

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

I paid $150 for an Uber from Fair Park to Skillman/Mockingbird a few years ago right after the game.

Fuck. What if I leave a couple of hours after the game?

I’m staying downtown so I’m planning on taking an Uber to and from the fair. 

Edited by CowboyFred

10 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

Fuck. What if I leave a couple of hours after the game?

I’m staying downtown so I’m planning on taking an Uber to and from the fair. 

I’m just passing on past experience.  The uber driver was the dumbest mf’er on planet earth, and I was so offended by it that I pursued to the point that I got a refund.  YMMV, but I would take the train.  They fucked it up the first few years, but it’s been ok since then.