Game Week- Iowa State

Wulaw Horn

On 10/14/2022 at 10:43 AM, Hookem2147 said:

Baylor, Kansas and Kansas State all shut down that offense by doing exactly what PK likes to do. If you force them repeatedly into 3rd and medium/long, they will fold. Iowa State does not have the horses at QB, WR, TE or RB to continually sustain long drives. Skill position wise, this is the 2nd worst offense we will face this season behind ULM.

On 10/14/2022 at 11:38 AM, Burt Macklin said:

I’m not sure what ISU football you have watched, but there is nothing lethal about their offense. They don’t have the quarterback or WRs to execute long drives repeatedly. 

I love the authority with which these statements are made.  Completely, 180 degrees opposite of what actually happened.  Impressive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

I love the authority with which these statements are made.  Completely, 180 degrees opposite of what actually happened.  Impressive.

Oh, you mean like when Iowa state got to the 9th play of a drive and threw an INT? Or when they fumbled on the 8th play of a drive? Or when they scored on a 2-play drive? I said they could not continually sustain long drives over the course of a 60-minute game and that is what happened.

Their average drive length was 7 plays, so yeah, I stand by what I said. 

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Oh, you mean like when Iowa state got to the 9th play of a drive and threw an INT? Or when they fumbled on the 8th play of a drive? Or when they scored on a 2-play drive? I said they could not continually sustain long drives over the course of a 60-minute game and that is what happened.

Lighten up, Francis.

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Go back and read the first sentence of the original quote...if you don't want to, here it is, "If you force them repeatedly into 3rd and medium/long, they will fold."  Exactly the opposite of what happened.