Game Week- Iowa State

Wulaw Horn

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Confused Laugh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Maybe mechanically or arm talent wise they have some similarities but last I checked Quinn isn't a little pussy that shrinks on big stages. Rattler went 2/2 in being benched in the RRS against 2 bad Texas defenses.

Not to mention the other games he fucked away or almost did at OU. 

Presented without comment
[/url]  

Ewers was a little off. He missed, either with slightly off target throws or not seeing open receivers, plenty of times. He should have a second (first) pick on the one OU dropped early. I think it’s fair to say he has room to improve on the OU game despite the gaudy stats.

Comparing him to Rattler is just trying to be contrarian.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Presented without comment

I don’t know what’s worse, claiming that every WR on the left side of that play is open or claiming that Ewers has the same signs as Anthony Richardson last year when his first few games were against UGA (86 yards 0 TD/2 INTs) and LSU (167 yards 3/2). 

for “nerds” these guys are morons. We did leave some plays open and Ewers will have to do better against defenses that don’t quit, but some Skip-esque takes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Ewers was a little off. He missed, either with slightly off target throws or not seeing open receivers, plenty of times. He should have a second (first) pick on the one OU dropped early. I think it’s fair to say he has room to improve on the OU game despite the gaudy stats.

Comparing him to Rattler is just trying to be contrarian.

I'm sure he was a little rusty.  I'll still take it.  If he has a B+ game this week it could get ugly quickly, in a good way. 🤘🤘

I think his two biggest misses on the day were the throw to Whittington that has high in the EZ and the throw to Worthy in the back of the EZ, considering Thompson was wide fucking open on the other side of the field. He didn't see the middle deep of the field well at all.

The Whittington miss lead to an INT, but the Thompson misread didn't hurt because Texas scored a TD on the drive anyway.

He's played 9 quarters; he will be fine.

Edited by HtownHorn

59 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I think his two biggest misses on the day were the throw to Whittington that has high in the EZ and the throw to Worthy in the back of the EZ, considering Thompson was wide fucking open on the other side of the field. He didn't see the middle deep of the field well at all.

The Whittington miss lead to an INT, but the Thompson misread didn't hurt because Texas scored a TD on the drive anyway.

He's played 9 quarters; he will be fine.

I'm not sure it's that big of a misread. The safety was splitting both and when it looked like his eyes were on Worthy safety went with worthy.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Irieguy said:

Doubtful. Every single FBS team scored last weekend except OU. 

How doubtful are you? ISU scored 111 & 9 the last two games, no? How many you think they score this time?

WTF? Not bad enough that I can't type worth a shit, and barely read this forum on a 40" screen, surly gonna tell me I can't edit, when I hit the "edit" dropdown, on accounta "Can't find that topic" that it just gave an "edit" button for... Fuck the world.

Don't care, gonna win this weekend, anyhow. Decent chance of a shutout - first time in too many years you can say that with a straight face.

Edited by immamac
I just edited your post. Wtf are you talking about?
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

We're 3 points away from winning them. Needed 2 more against Alabama and 1 more against Texas Tech in regulation.

Iowa State is 6 away from winning their last two losses. They needed 4 more against Kansas and 2 more against Kansas State. He's doing the math on how many points away they were from tying the games.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 6:39 AM, Pam Cummings said:

If the road to the big 12 title still ran through Lubbock i'd love to watch Ewers smoke their ass. Guess it'll have to wait until next year.

We need to find out what the number was Saban offered for the bounty on Ewers.

He will up it next year.

14 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

Kansas +9 is free money

Depends on whether DG plays...

Pick via FOX Sports Betting Analyst Jason McIntyre:

The Sooners are reeling, having lost three straight, with the defeats looking increasingly bad. 

New coach Brent Venables has a lot of explaining to do, as the longtime Clemson defensive coordinator has watched his Sooners give up 509 yards to Kansas State, 668 to TCU, and 585 to Texas last week in a 49-0 loss that felt like rock bottom. 

Thing is, if the Sooners somehow lost to the Jayhawks, they’d have real problems. That was reinforced when Kansas QB Jason Daniels was ruled out for the season Tuesday due to a shoulder injury. The line quickly ballooned from -7.5 to -9. And that’s even with the uncertainty of Oklahoma QB Dillon Gabriel (11 TDs, 0 INTs), who may or may not return from his concussion. They’ve been outscored 70-7 without him. The total has gone down from 65 to 62.5 with all the QB questions. I wouldn’t bet on this game until Gabriel’s status was confirmed.

44 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Lulz

from an ISU message board:

WHO WINS

• Texas by 15+

Votes: 108

32.5%

• Texas by 8-14

Votes: 113

34.0%

• Texas by 1-7

Votes: 58

17.5%

• Iowa State by 1-7

Votes: 42

12.7%

• Iowa State by 8-14

Votes: 7

2.1%

• Iowa State by 15+

Votes: 4

1.2%

They have message boards in Iowa?

Let’s put a few great games under our belt before we get too excited. Ewers has been doing media and getting propped up all week, it is a recipe for a let down.

Still:
Texas 34
ISU 16

You heard sark, there isn’t a bunch of clutter upstairs for ewers, he’s just a football animal.

Texas revenge tour continues this Saturday
  • Hook 'Em 1