Let's talk about culture

UTEE97

3 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I think some of you think Worthy’s catch radius is equivalent Megaton's. Its not. He isn’t going to reach for balls 5 feet over his head and 2 feet behind him. Idk maybe watching on TV throws off depth perception and y’all think some of those balls were closer than they actually were. I keep seeing he should have made that play in the end zone but the ball wasn’t even close enough for him to get his hands on it. It was over thrown. Ewers just didn't have great ball placement yesterday. Seems he is starting to throw to spots. But Worthy still hustles to get open and bust his ass blocking down field. The "Worthy is lazy" takes are just that, lazy.

Also this is the most player progression from a year to year basis we have probably seen in over 10 years.

I’ll have to rewatch the end zone play. It sure as hell looked to me like the throw was there and Worthy was tracking it until he tripped on his own feet.

• Rage+1 1

One thing for sure we are more of a cultural fit in the SEC than we would care to admit

Since 2010 Season

Texas - 4 Head Coaches

Aggy - 3 Head Coaches

Oklahoma - 3 Head Coaches (admittedly a bit different scenario there)

Piggy - 5 Head Coaches

LSU - 3 Head Coaches

Ole Miss - 3 Head Coaches

Mississippi State - 3 Head Coaches

Auburn - 3 Head Coaches

Alabama - Obviously

Florida - 4 Head Coaches

Georgia - 2 Head Coaches

Kentucky - 2 Head Coaches

Tennessee - 4 Head Coaches

Missouri - 3 Head Coaches

Vanderbilt - 4 Head Coaches

South Carolina - 3 Head Coaches

• Hook 'Em 2

----------------------------------------------
GRITTY
Good listen discussing adjustments, limiting penalties, and how his team played gritty even with several freshmen getting more snaps yesterday.
Gundy said he likes this years team: "their chemistry, they practice hard, they like each other, they care about each other, which is a big part...  we can't talk them into doing that.  Some people think coaches can talk players into doing that.  Players have to self-motivate... they have to want to do it for themselves."

This brings up an interesting point, I wonder if NIL is creating a culture of resentment. Bijan is our best player and one of the leaders but maybe some players who don’t make much has some type of resentment thus a lack of respect. This of course will be an issue nationwide but when you have deeper pockets that aren’t converting to wins, shit like this is amplified. Just a thought.

6 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

This brings up an interesting point, I wonder if NIL is creating a culture of resentment. Bijan is our best player and one of the leaders but maybe some players who don’t make much has some type of resentment thus a lack of respect. This of course will be an issue nationwide but when you have deeper pockets that aren’t converting to wins, shit like this is amplified. Just a thought.

Nope. Everyone loves Bijan and he's a better person than he is a football player. This post is dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Every great QB needs a security blanket that he can go to on must have 3rd and 4th downs. Colt had Shipley, Sam had LJH, and VY had his legs. Ewers needs to develop that relationship with JT or JWhitt. I don't think Worthy is the guy.

Edited by UTEE97

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Every great QB needs a security blanket that he can go to on must have 3rd and 4th downs. Colt had Shipley, Sam had LJH, and VY had his legs. Ewers need to develop that relationship with JT or JWhitt. I don't think Worthy is the guy.

Quinn not going thru progressions on several plays missed open WR/TEs yesterday which included both JWhitt and JT.

Just unfortunate that Quinn was not able to get settled in yesterday...

• Hook 'Em 2

Culture is successful if a team is successful. Philosophy isn’t culture. Can a coach grow team camaraderie? If so, they grew a good culture.

One thing these NIL skill players better realize. NFL WRs block. They must run routes. All but the top ones play special teams. If that’s not part of their tape they will suffer in the draft, and if they can’t do it in camp they might not make the 53.

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Every great QB needs a security blanket that he can go to on must have 3rd and 4th downs. Colt had Shipley, Sam had LJH, and VY had his legs. Ewers needs to develop that relationship with JT or JWhitt. I don't think Worthy is the guy.

David Thomas for VY

• Hook 'Em 1