Are LG TVs any good?

The local Fry's is selling a 65" LG TV for $660. It's a 2017 model, model number 65UJ6300.

Professional reviews seem okay, giving it a 3.5/5. Beefs are mostly with the webOS and TruMotion. Since I plan on using an AppleTV and old PS3 with it, webOS is irrelevant.

Consumer reviews are all over the place. Best Buy customers seem to love it. Amazon reviews are skewed since a lot of the 1-stars are bitching about the TV being damaged during shipping or being easily damaged.

I'm mainly looking for something bigger, and as RELIABLE as my current Samsung (a 55" Samsung from 2010 that is still going strong. but is so heavy that it'll probably rip down the wall if I tried to hang it (hyperbole implied).

Thanks for the input. Rtings gave the LG a pretty meh grade.

OTOH, they recommended the Samsung UN65MUM6290 as the recommended budget TV. The local Microcenter has it for $699. Gonna get that instead since I've had a good experience with a Samsung TV even though their fridges and washing machines suck.

On 6/11/2018 at 6:32 PM, Superhero said:

The local Fry's is selling a 65" LG TV for $660. It's a 2017 model, model number 65UJ6300.

Professional reviews seem okay, giving it a 3.5/5. Beefs are mostly with the webOS and TruMotion. Since I plan on using an AppleTV and old PS3 with it, webOS is irrelevant.

Consumer reviews are all over the place. Best Buy customers seem to love it. Amazon reviews are skewed since a lot of the 1-stars are bitching about the TV being damaged during shipping or being easily damaged.

I'm mainly looking for something bigger, and as RELIABLE as my current Samsung (a 55" Samsung from 2010 that is still going strong. but is so heavy that it'll probably rip down the wall if I tried to hang it (hyperbole implied).

OP, you have had and still have a TV for the past 7 years in your opinion runs strong.  There are little to no differences between TV brands in the 600-700 range.  If you keep you shit that long why not spend a few more and get a much better picture for an appliance you use every day and intend to keep until it breaks.

here is a 2016 model (works with Alexa) Sony 65inch 4K; it's a huge leap up in picture quality and black levels for under a grand. $950 + free delivery on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBR65X750D-65-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01FWIEMVW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1528993109&sr=8-6&keywords=sony+65+inch+4k

treat_yo_self.jpeg

Edited by ChickenSandwich

I think that's the same model I have except 55". We've only had it for a few months, but have had no issues. Picture quality is much better than the older LG we have, but surely not the best on the market. I bought it for the webOS, integrated YouTube TV app, and the fact that it was $300. No ragrets.