Granite countertops

iodeac

How do you all maintain granite countertops?  We just moved into a new house and want to take care of it better than we did our old house that we bought in 2006 with the intention of staying for 3 years which turned into 15.  I read that you're supposed to seal them every year or so.  Even the ones here are a little crusty and not as smooth, even though the house was built in 2019, so I was wondering what I could do to bring some of that back.  Thanks!

We did a reseal after about 3 yrs and polished etc over a weekend and it felt like it was worth the effort for about a week and then it was the same. That was 12 yrs ago or so.

I think the best thing is to just keep them clean and don’t let any grime sit for a long period of time, especially citrus juice or the like. At our previous house we had a margarita night leave a huge ring of lime juice stained in. But it slowly went away after a month. We have pure black granite so everything shows but my wife is a clean freak and wipes them down about 27 times a day (except for aforementioned margarita night).