RPM

On 2/27/2023 at 9:08 PM, Augustus said:

I will say, despite my obvious frustration with the overboard challenges for Spencer to deal with (ha! overboard!) I still think this show is very good, and definitely superior to Yellowstone and 1883.

Agreed. 

On 2/28/2023 at 10:06 AM, F250 said:

They got married in international waters by a British naval captain to avoid immigration issues. A little bit later the validity of their marriage is questioned and Spencer replies with "I don't have any documentation just a ring and love." How was that going to help with immigration?

In previous episodes a point was made that all of these British ships could communicate with each other and when pushed for proof of a marriage Spencer replies with "Some British dude married us on a ship."

Your killing me Smalls.

Also, did he really need to fling that dude out to sea? I mean it was funny but he could have just flung him into the railing. It was also bad form to just keep smacking down that dude only for him to keep escalating the situation. It would have been better to knock his ass out instead of just humiliating him. The entire scene felt forced.

But also this.  It’s not Breaking Bad or The Wire, 1a and 1b on greatest shows. But it’s damned good despite its periodic implausibility. 

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I watched the first two episodes and it’s not grabbing me. I don’t really care about the school girl or cowboys vs shepherds, but a show focused on the Africa hunter would be cool.

I quit then but read some of this thread and picked it back up. It gets better. Always some suspended reality though with these shows 

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

I quit then but read some of this thread and picked it back up. It gets better. Always some suspended reality though with these shows 

Like a society girl fleeing her wedding to run off to a dangerous African village with a great white hunter who she has known for five minutes? And him being cool with it?

• 4 months later...
13 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

They wanted to hook up that badly! What is so hard to believe about that?

Seriously, the ghost ship swinging back around on them and moving to get them was massively over the top and also, the ship credit deal. Who did she say she was related to and in the party of to get the credit for their clothes?
This is a good show though and I want to watch the second season but i guess the strike is going to move it back from being shown anytime this year or next even.