Shrinking (Apple TV)

rage-a-holic

• 4 weeks later...

Wife and I fuckin loved this show.  Sad we just finished it.  Take some gummies, laugh at the clever humor and stay invested in all the characters through their trials…kinda the opposite of Yellowstones trajectory.  

Harrison Ford especially was written to play to his strengths, but everyone is believable with people like Liz’s husband a standout.  Hopefully the magic doesn’t taper off ala Ted Lasso in S2. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Watching the show now.  Halfway through.  I like everyone but Jimmy. Unlikeable.  He's a shit dad.  Your daughter is a fuckin mess.  Maybe don't go play pickleball when she's reaching out.

I know I'm in the minority. My wife loves it but for me it's just meh.

Watching the show now.  Halfway through.  I like everyone but Jimmy. Unlikeable.  He's a shit dad.  Your daughter is a fuckin mess.  Maybe don't go play pickleball when she's reaching out.
I know I'm in the minority. My wife loves it but for me it's just meh.

The main story line is Jimmy lost his wife/partner in a shocking way and he’s been lost in the wilderness since then. It’s affected every aspect of his life, mostly in a negative way. But the entire first season is about him starting to flip the script and try to figure out to go on without her.

Nearly every character has something unlikeable about them or has a blindspot that keeps making them do stupid things... the cause and effect of all these decisons is kind of what makes this show fun for me. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...