Jump to content

2023 Free money giveaway... seeded draft style


Wulaw Horn

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, PantsTent said:

Bored at work this afternoon.  This might look half right on a computer browser. Still working on the spreadsheet and can share with you @Wulaw Horn if you need it. I don't guarantee any accuracy, but here is the top 10.  Meeting the "have to beat me" requirement should not be a problem :) 

 

Red Five PantsTent ztejas bborange Not a cat HornOnTheBayou Darth Tron Doomlet BB65 SirLurksAlot
Texas San Diego St Duke Creighton Oral Roberts Uconn Duke Florida Atlantic Tennessee UConn
Creighton Creighton UCONN Duke Charleston Utah St St. Mary’s Northwestern Kentucky Duke
Duke Duke Creighton Gonzaga Miami Tennessee SDSU Kansas State Iowa State Gonzaga
Gonzaga Iowa State St. Mary's Indiana Utah st Creighton Mizzou Mizzou Arkansas Creighton
Miami Texas Arkansas Michigan St USC Providence Michigan State Illinois UConn Drake
Michigan St Arkansas Tennessee UConn mich st Gonzaga Kentucky San Diego State TCU Mich St
Kentucky Uconn Memphis Iowa St Uconn UCLA Indiana Alabama Texas Charleston
UConn Providence Kent State Kentucky FAU San Diego St Gonzaga Marquette  Texas A&M ASU
                   
95 83 79 78 78 75 72 70 69 68

I think I'm actually at 75, not 78, though I appreciate the help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

I think I'm actually at 75, not 78, though I appreciate the help.

Thanks, I had Uconn as a 5 seed so subtract 3 from anybody that has them.  I'll double check some things and re-post after tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2023 at 10:07 PM, Not a cat said:

What an asshole. When you run a free pool with cash prizes common courtesy dictates you get updated results ASAP.  Very disappointed.

I'll save you some time though- 

1.  Red five.

2.  Bunch of other people.

 

 

 

 

 

I suck man. Free football was always same day- this just got away from me. 

2 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Thanks, I had Uconn as a 5 seed so subtract 3 from anybody that has them.  I'll double check some things and re-post after tonight.

You are the real mvp. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Thanks, I had Uconn as a 5 seed so subtract 3 from anybody that has them.  I'll double check some things and re-post after tonight.

GIF by Giphy QA

Edited by ztejas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think I have any more seed typos but if so, you get what you paid for. FAU winning changed some things..

Not a cat Red Five Doomlet bborange HornOnTheBayou PantsTent ztejas SirLurksAlot Darth Tron Cmon Man
Oral Roberts Texas Florida Atlantic Creighton Uconn San Diego St Duke UConn Duke Creighton
Charleston Creighton Northwestern Duke Utah St Creighton UCONN Duke St. Mary’s Drake
Miami Duke Kansas State Gonzaga Tennessee Duke Creighton Gonzaga SDSU Kent State
Utah st Gonzaga Mizzou Indiana Creighton Iowa State St. Mary's Creighton Mizzou UConn
USC Miami Illinois Michigan St Providence Texas Arkansas Drake Michigan State Duke
mich st Michigan St San Diego State UConn Gonzaga Arkansas Tennessee Mich St Kentucky Memphis
Uconn Kentucky Alabama Iowa St UCLA Uconn Memphis Charleston Indiana San Diego St
FAU UConn Marquette  Kentucky San Diego St Providence Kent State ASU Gonzaga Gonzaga
                   
114 113 106 96 93 92 88 86 81 80
  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PantsTent said:

I don't think I have any more seed typos but if so, you get what you paid for. FAU winning changed some things..

Not a cat Red Five Doomlet bborange HornOnTheBayou PantsTent ztejas SirLurksAlot Darth Tron Cmon Man
Oral Roberts Texas Florida Atlantic Creighton Uconn San Diego St Duke UConn Duke Creighton
Charleston Creighton Northwestern Duke Utah St Creighton UCONN Duke St. Mary’s Drake
Miami Duke Kansas State Gonzaga Tennessee Duke Creighton Gonzaga SDSU Kent State
Utah st Gonzaga Mizzou Indiana Creighton Iowa State St. Mary's Creighton Mizzou UConn
USC Miami Illinois Michigan St Providence Texas Arkansas Drake Michigan State Duke
mich st Michigan St San Diego State UConn Gonzaga Arkansas Tennessee Mich St Kentucky Memphis
Uconn Kentucky Alabama Iowa St UCLA Uconn Memphis Charleston Indiana San Diego St
FAU UConn Marquette  Kentucky San Diego St Providence Kent State ASU Gonzaga Gonzaga
                   
114 113 106 96 93 92 88 86 81 80

ill allow it ken jeong GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, UConn is pretty much a wash for everyone but doomlet.  Once FAU and Miami meet their inevitable demise, I'm right back to the scrap heap.  But I'll always put on my resume that I led the 2023 Wulaw March madness free money classic at its halfway point.  They'll never take that from me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, but ghost of shag did it too.  It's almost as if a year when a 4, 5, 5 and 9 make it would be conducive to someone doing well in this format. 

My completely amateur finish possibilities, done by hand so not huckleberry approved-

SDSU over Miami -

Ghost,Doomlet, cat, pants

SDSU over uconn-

Pants, bayou, Doomlet, ghost

Mia over SDSU - cat, ghost, red, Doomlet

Mia over FAU - cat, Doomlet, ghost, red

FAU over Mia -

Cat, Doomlet, red, ghost

FAU over Conn _ cat, Doomlet, red, pants

UConn over SDSU - cat, pants, bayou, ghost.

UConn over FAU - cat, Doomlet, pants, bayou 

Again, this is back of the envelope stuff so not official.  And screw the Aztecs.

 

 

 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

My son's response when I told him it's either $100 or nothing for me depending on a UConn win Monday night- "you could bet 1/2 on SDSU so you're guaranteed a win."

Im Proud Of You Episode 1 GIF by New Amsterdam

 

@Not a cat¬†The next round of lessons is odds. SDSU is +265 ¬†But hedging is for pussies. ūüėā

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

Hedges are for pussies. 

This was my  verbatim response to him.  Though he is intrigued by "hedging" SDSU using the points line and hitting both sides.  All sorts of valuable life skills being taught in the Wulaw free money invitational.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PantsTent said:

Feel free to double check the numbers.

image.thumb.png.ea6cf9f2b443d326a75c57a1af264110.png

 

Ok. Unless someone conclusively proves in the next 24 hours that the math is off I will pay out the prizes then. 
PM me your Venmo accounts and I will get the payments out. 
Thanks to all who played. I love this tournament. If anyone needs help with a mortgage buying a house please feel free to call me at 832-557-1095 or PM me. Or drop by the website at www.mortgagesbygabe.com 

 

 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monday, tuesday it all runs together. Money out.

Thanks to all who played and more importantly thanks to those who scored the tournament!

Until next year on this. We will also be doing the football season free money giveaway as well...

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...