Things to do with my 4 yo Son July 16th

He's 4 so don't worry about going all out in every way possible.  Just do things he loves but doesn't get to do very often.  Take him somewhere like an indoor trampoline park to play for a couple of hours.  Go eat lunch at his favorite restaurant.  Go to a splash park (don't forget your phone for the creeper pics of the hot moms who don't work).  Teach him something new or introduce him to one of your kid friendly hobbies.

• Like 1

My kids are aging out of this but we always liked it. You can go in with him but wear pants. Lots of rope burn. The slides are fun.

http://www.kidmania.com/

Another thought, though it's in Dallas, is renting a kayak and going around White Rock Lake. One of my favorite things to do in Dallas. Head towards the Mockingbird bridge for a view of Dallas you don't normally get. Though you will see trash. You can rent a two person kayak where he hangs out up front since he can't really help you paddle.

http://www.whiterockpaddle.com/index.html

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

Start the day  early with a good breakfast.  Get outside while it is early morning and walk at the local park that has a pond or lake, take bread/crackers for the ducks.  One nearby us has turtles that come when you clap.(mainly in winter as they generally see you once it warms up)  Good bonding times.

Give him a snack on your way to the next activity.

Head to one of the activities mentioned above or to a museum or something that can be active or mind stimulating with stuff you can explain to him.  

Head back home for late lunch and nap

After lunch, and nap, now heat of the day, go to your public library and get a library card and show him how it works.  Check out a bunch of books.  Get him a bag beforehand to store said books.

Check out one of the learning video DVD's for later on.  You have introduced him to a good thing that he can do monthly forever.

Go get some ice cream.  Hang out and enjoy the time together.  

Maybe do some type of later afternoon water activity for a couple hours.  From sprinkler in the yard, to local pool, to water park.  At that age they don't need an all day at the water.

Meet the rest of the family out for a casual dinner.  Talk about what an awesome day you had. 

Read one of the books together you got earlier at the library.  Make that a daily night-time ritual.

Put kid to bed with a smile on his face. 

Profit.

Edited by zork
  • Like 1

Well the OP said son which the racist might have seen had he not been worried about the OP's kid hanging out with dirty minorities at a water park.

Actually, spray parks are a good respite when it's 1000 degrees, though the racist cookie might not like it since dirty minorities hang out there too.

• Like 2

If you wanna go all out do Legoland.  

If you wanna have a lower key, otherwise fun day, go swimming with him somewhere.  If he’s comfortable in water kids always love that. Make sure he does not get a sunburn or mom will kill you, so go early in the day.  

Also take him anywhere he wants to eat for lunch.  It may be as simple as inside at McDonalds where he can play on the playground instead of driving through, but let him pick. At some point take him for ice cream.   That’s the stuff kids really appreciate. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 9:58 PM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Legoland in Grapevine is a hit at that age.

Urban air is fine.

A water park at that age is a beating. They stay in the kid zone area and time just crawls. You’ll want to leave after 15 mins and time will just slowly pass as you play with your kid in 2 feet of piss water with a bunch of minorities (I’ve just noticed doesn’t matter what city you are in except for Great Wolf Lodge, the minorities love the water park. Whether it be Muslims in long swim pants and a swim cap hajib or Mexicans with a weeks worth of consumer packaged goods and $100 Worth of frito lays product, I guess they don’t have a community pool in their developments?)

American Girl and lunch is fun at that age if kid is a girl.

Well.... I'm Mexican... And my wife's family is Muslim......so I guess we're covered

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Lou said:

It's old but fun, Sandy Lake Park.  Swimming, rides, games, miniature golf.

I haven't thought of that place since Little Diablo and I were living in Fort Mirth, he went there on a school trip and loved it. Good suggestion from what I know of the place.