India - Burgeoning Global Superpower -- Friend & Foe?

HamsterHookah

4 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Modi/BJP to start elections soon. Gamblers are predicting a landslide, for a 3rd term, which is almost unprecedented, but he's that popular. His opponents are concerned he will veer into dictatorship if he is elected by the landslide.

Saw a stat over 49 MILLION new voters since the last election (turning of age) in India. The whole election process takes like 6 weeks and costs $8 Billion dollars, there are so many people and places.

Crazy.

Oh, and India is still funding Russia and not even hiding it in the West's face, which is indirectly killing Ukranians and costing the West a ton of money in aid and support. Doesn't seem like there are plans to stop either.

In another thread you said you wanted to end support and telegraph it, right?  Did I read it wrong

On 7/3/2023 at 1:52 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

As a huge fan of Saag Paneer, I welcome our new Indian overlords.

Fuck yea! Homemade yogurt, paneer, and saag paneer! 
They can keep that devil’s dung, though. Something is off about that stuff and I ain’t having it in my kitchen. Fetid ass is an appropriate name.

12 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

I want other countries to bear the brunt, but that doesn't mean I am not pro-Ukraine. I get that Cloak Room only sees binary shades of black and white (which is ironic given the sheer number of non-binary posters who dominate the Cloak Room), but one can want to offset USA's responsibilities to EU/NATO countries and still be anti-Russia.

Especially when USA is going to ALSO have to be giving support to Israel, and potentially how much and how long who knows if they respond to Iran, etc. etc.

I don't like being the world's Miss Havisham but especially in this case, India has been actively working against Ukraine/The West unapologetically.

"I don't support the only scenario in which Ukraine can win, but that doesn't mean I'm not pro-Ukraine, guys." GTFO. 

Two questions. 
1.) Exactly how many non binary posters do you think post in the CR?
2.) What Percentage would you consider necessary to be categorized as "dominant?"

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

I want other countries to bear the brunt, but that doesn't mean I am not pro-Ukraine. I get that Cloak Room only sees binary shades of black and white (which is ironic given the sheer number of non-binary posters who dominate the Cloak Room), but one can want to offset USA's responsibilities to EU/NATO countries and still be anti-Russia. 

image.gif.32788226b9d3fdb30aa0d784efd32f33.gif

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

I wonder why any of you engage the bear dip troll.

Becuase not everyone is all that familiar with the guy, lots of posters don't even read handles when they read posts. So to swat this stupid motherfucker's shit when we see it is worthwhile. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Those who think the US is overburdened in its support of Ukraine are sorely mistaken.

Here's the chart showing the GDP percentage for each country:

https://app.23degrees.io/view/F1tc2gv8QzFCs1ij-bar-stacked-horizontal-figure_3_4_csv_v2-1

Estonia               4.1%
Denmark            3.0%
Lithuania            2.0%
Norway               1.7%
Latvia                  1.7%
Netherlands        1.5%
Slovakia               1.4%
Poland                 1.3%
Finland                 1.3%
Germany              1.1%
Croatia                 1.0%
Bulgaria               1.0%
Sweden                1.0%
Czech Republic    1.0%
Belgium               1.0%
Spain                    0.9%
Austria                  0.8%
Greece                  0.8%
Slovenia                0.7%    
Hungary               0.7%
Italy                      0.7%
France                  0.7%
Romania              0.6%
Portugal               0.6%
Cyprus                  0.6%
United Kingdom   0.6%
Luxembourg          0.6%
Malta                     0.5%
Ireland                   0.4%
Switzerland            0.3%
Canada                  0.3%
UNITED STATES    0.3%
Japan                     0.2%
Iceland                   0.2%
South Korea          0.1%

@BeardIP I expect you to return and apologize for being so wrong in assuming other countries aren't also shouldering their burden.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Lol. America can only fight so many battles at once. China, Ukraine, now the Middle East. They're one of the largest ecnomies in the world, and they're not militantly annexing or declaring war on any other nations...yet. You're right, lets slap them with tarrifs and sanctions becuase they buy russian oil. Great fucking idea. 

You'd be the first knob screaming "look what Biden did to our economy" when that happened. 

• Hook 'Em 6