Countdown To Kickoff.........

Steamboat1874

Big program win for Sark in 2021 due to RoJo 🤘

Dude is a BEAST with the biggest heart !!! 🤘

Roschon Johnson came to Texas as a quarterback, converted quickly to running back, and under difficult circumstances he worked at both positions on Friday.

Johnson, a junior, ran for a career-best 179 yards, Cameron Dicker kicked three field goals, and Texas summoned some critical stops on defense to beat Kansas State 22-17.

Johnson, the team's No. 2 running back, started in place of Bijan Robinson, who rushed for 1,127 yards this season but missed the last two games with a dislocated elbow. Johnson carried 31 times, including 11 for 77 yards in the fourth quarter. He ran for a 9-yard touchdown in the first quarter.

With Robinson out, starting quarterback Casey Thompson enduring a sprained thumb on his throwing hand, and backup Hudson Card missing because of an ankle injury, Sarkisian sometimes deployed Johnson taking direct snaps as quarterback in the wildcat formation. He completed his only pass attempt for two yards.

“I knew with Hudson being down, me going in at quarterback was a huge possibility," Johnson said. "I knew the wildcat was gonna be critical. If I had to throw it, run it, even if I had to kick, I'm just trying to win. That was my mindset, and I tried my best to instill that mindset throughout the whole team."

Johnson, known as a selfless team leader, was the big star.  Every guy in that locker room respects Roschon (Johnson),” Sarkisian said. 

• Hook 'Em 4

53 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:

He is up there as one of the top football players I've seen live where I thought he could house it any time and from any where. Super exciting runner and a great Longhorn. Hook'em!

Back in my LHB days, I can remember milling around on the TCU sideline in Fort Worth just before halftime and listening to the TCU defenders being just dumbfounded by his moves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TexMexBuddha said:

He is up there as one of the top football players I've seen live where I thought he could house it any time and from any where. Super exciting runner and a great Longhorn. Hook'em!

2 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Back in my LHB days, I can remember milling around on the TCU sideline in Fort Worth just before halftime and listening to the TCU defenders being just dumbfounded by his moves.

OIP.8TTtHijB1fJYWMuScPBzLgHaFj?pid=ImgDe

He is one of the greatest athletes that I have ever seen play live... videos of him are just not enough to appreciate watching Metcalf play football live.

Next closest player with amazing athleticism that I've seen live was Johnny "Lam" Jones... watching his speed as he returned a kickoff for a Touchdown was amazing.

Love Longhorns Football !!!

Hook'em 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1