Chelsea 2023-24: Super League Winners 4 years in a row

MoJames

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never seen a team with this much talent (or should I say "talent") be this fucking horrendous. 

I mean it's downright impressive how bad they are at this point. The two teams I watched play for the MLS cup yesterday would have made Everton sweat those 3 points more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, morehornsepower said:

I missed it also...sounds like more missed opportunities... :/

I tried to watch at work - forgot that they just replay the game and there's no ET/pens.

Villa has been in crazy form this season, too - going to be hard to steal a win on the road. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Caicedo thru ball to Palmer, one-time finish, lovely.

Palmer now with 12 goals in his last 21 apps.  Kid is good and getting better.

Annnnnnnnnnd Chelsea give it right back, because Chelsea.

Edited by TexArcher

Speaking of our amazing owners, looks like they made another outstanding hire:

https://theathletic.com/5251686/2024/02/05/todd-kline-tottenham-chelsea/

Tottenham Hotspur’s chief commercial officer Todd Kline has resigned from his post and, after a period of gardening leave, will join Chelsea.

Kline joined Spurs three years ago, with one of his main aims to secure naming rights for the stadium. As the “About Me” section of his LinkedIn page says: “Tottenham have appointed a former NFL executive as the club’s first chief commercial officer to aid the search for a lucrative naming-rights partner for their stadium.”

He leaves with that not having happened, and on Monday morning Spurs put a statement on their website saying: “Todd Kline has resigned from his post at the club and has been placed on a period of garden leave with immediate effect.”

Kline instantly set about raising standards after being appointed, but a number of members of the commercial department left following his arrival. Some left without jobs to go to, and as The Athletic reported last year, there were question marks about his leadership.

Kline’s new role at Chelsea has not yet been confirmed but it will be a senior position within the business operations.[/spolier]

Edited by RichUT

47 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Speaking of our amazing owners, looks like they made another outstanding hire:

https://theathletic.com/5251686/2024/02/05/todd-kline-tottenham-chelsea/

Reveal hidden contents

Tottenham Hotspur’s chief commercial officer Todd Kline has resigned from his post and, after a period of gardening leave, will join Chelsea.

Kline joined Spurs three years ago, with one of his main aims to secure naming rights for the stadium. As the “About Me” section of his LinkedIn page says: “Tottenham have appointed a former NFL executive as the club’s first chief commercial officer to aid the search for a lucrative naming-rights partner for their stadium.”

He leaves with that not having happened, and on Monday morning Spurs put a statement on their website saying: “Todd Kline has resigned from his post at the club and has been placed on a period of garden leave with immediate effect.”

Kline instantly set about raising standards after being appointed, but a number of members of the commercial department left following his arrival. Some left without jobs to go to, and as The Athletic reported last year, there were question marks about his leadership.

Kline’s new role at Chelsea has not yet been confirmed but it will be a senior position within the business operations.[/spolier]

Can he play keeper?