Dallas Stars 2023 Offseason Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

No kidding. I went to 12 Stars games last year. Seven went into OT/Shootout and they only won two of them. 
But I will say that November 23rd Blackhawks game was one of the wildest I've ever seen in 40 years of going to NHL games. Crazy third period. 

We may need to meet up between periods next season. I only went to 3 games last year (2.5 hour drive) but want to try to go to 6+ this year.

This team should be fun this year, I’ll (somehow) miss Domi. Can’t wait for October. Other than ncaafb it’s my 1b on favorite sports.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/18/2023 at 7:58 PM, markstanco said:

We may need to meet up between periods next season. I only went to 3 games last year (2.5 hour drive) but want to try to go to 6+ this year.

This team should be fun this year, I’ll (somehow) miss Domi. Can’t wait for October. Other than ncaafb it’s my 1b on favorite sports.

honestly as I've gotten older and my college days further behind me I think it's become hockey #1 and UT football #2. Every other team and sport is well down the list from there. I get super pumped up for hockey, even if we're bad. I cannot say the same for the Horns. Guess I got spoiled going to UT during the early Mack years.

• Like 1

Without the benefit of refreshing my memory, it seems like the stars don’t value OT puck possession (or just aren’t good at possessing the puck, kind of a regulation issue as well).  They take lower percentage shots and make lower percentage passes. Meanwhile the opponent will skate around, double back to their own zone to make a change, keep moving the puck until they can beat someone with a pass or with speed.  

how many OT goals against Dallas were from a rush after a turnover or save with all 3 skaters trapped deep?

• Rage+1 1

Same. I love hockey. Always have.

Hockey's really shot way up the list for me, too. Hockey, motorsport, and baseball are really pretty much tied at the top for me, followed by Texas football. VY spoiled me for football. I know my football watching experience will never again be as good as it was when I was watching the GOAT. I still watch, but it ain't the same by a long shot.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/20/2023 at 1:35 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Without the benefit of refreshing my memory, it seems like the stars don’t value OT puck possession (or just aren’t good at possessing the puck, kind of a regulation issue as well).  They take lower percentage shots and make lower percentage passes. Meanwhile the opponent will skate around, double back to their own zone to make a change, keep moving the puck until they can beat someone with a pass or with speed.  

how many OT goals against Dallas were from a rush after a turnover or save with all 3 skaters trapped deep?

I think they were simply looking to make the 'perfect' play too often instead of focusing on puck possession and waiting for the other team to make a mistake - like everyone else did to us

On 8/20/2023 at 1:35 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

For about an 8-10 week stretch, you could just about turn the game off after regulation and the score the next morning was exactly what you thought it would be. Happened on a few west coast games for me. 

• 4 weeks later...