PFF Thread

linux

3 minutes ago, linux said:

I don't know how to get that specific, all I know is that they are claiming 160 snap/player pressures for the season, but I don't have the absolute total to divide that by, as for pass rush itself UT is #20 is their national grade.

image.thumb.png.aa72bb97140f0d1f6354034471ec567e.png

Thanks. Yeah, I was just wondering if there was a way to see how often we were blitzing compared to other teams.

It wouldn’t be exact but you can look up each players number of pass rushes. You can look up how they’re aligned too. But I don’t know that you can differentiate rushing from the DL position versus Box or Slot positions. That impacts LBs but less so DBs. It won’t show blitzes on run plays. You can get an idea of how often guys rush the passer though.

Pass Blocking Efficiency. Plugged in 100 snaps minimum

Tackles only.

#1 Patrick Paul Houston
# 2 (tie) Rouse OU, Kelvin Banks. It’s a 4-way tie.
#6. Christian Jones

Guards
#85. Conner
#210 Campbell

Center
#7 (tie). Majors

Sorry meant to throw in a little controversy. Logan Parr and Andrej Karic roll in as Guards at a tie for #56.

19 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Pass Blocking Efficiency. Plugged in 100 snaps minimum

Tackles only.

#1 Patrick Paul Houston
# 2 (tie) Rouse OU, Kelvin Banks. It’s a 4-way tie.
#6. Christian Jones

Guards
#85. Conner
#210 Campbell

Center
#7 (tie). Majors

Sorry meant to throw in a little controversy. Logan Parr and Andrej Karic roll in as Guards at a tie for #56.

Yeah the line is very very good as a pass blocking unit, top 3 in P5 with only Oregon and Georgia doing better. I get that it is average at best at run blocking but there are a lot of potbangers that don't get that as an unit they are gelling hard.

Just for lulz A&M is ranked 250, but they have done better lately (have not watched their last game).

image.png

Edited by linux

7 hours ago, linux said:

Yeah the line is very very good as a pass blocking unit, top 3 in P5 with only Oregon and Georgia doing better. I get that it is average at best at run blocking but there are a lot of potbangers that don't get that as an unit they are gelling hard.

Just for lulz A&M is ranked 250, but they have done better lately (have not watched their last game).

image.png

Thanks for the updates. Much appreciated.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

@linux Hate to be a pain in the ass, but would appreciate you posting the PFF grades for Tech.. I am very curious to see the grades on the 2nd team OL. Initially viewing  had me excited about the future.. Thanks in advance

No worries kinda busy but will do it probably tomorrow

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...

If you want to know how much to trust PFF, watch how the #1 graded CB Will Johnson did  last night. Dude was completely overmatched. It’s almost like a season’s worth of facing Big 10 receivers isn’t a great measurement of ability, but PFF doesn’t take that into account.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

If you want to know how much to trust PFF, watch how the #1 graded CB Will Johnson did  last night. Dude was completely overmatched. It’s almost like a season’s worth of facing Big 10 receivers isn’t a great measurement of ability, but PFF doesn’t take that into account.

image.thumb.png.3f3e2747617417a25d3f378d759b69c9.png

Are you sure you got the right guy?

Edited by linux