San Antonio Spurs '23-'24: Hoops, Hype, Hair Dye

ztejas

25 minutes ago, Kermit said:

I’m just floating this based off a fucking tweet (Matt Moore) but would you guys be cool trading for Trae Young?

Jesus god holy fuck no. I saw something about it too and had a visceral reaction. The last thing Wemby needs is a ball dominant heliocentric chucker taking low percentage shots early in the clock all the while playing zero defense. And he’s a bad entitled guy, too, who plays losing basketball. Complete anti-spur on every level.

I would rather Sochan run point than have that bitchass with his shitty lettuce and worlds most punchable face on my squad.  Why don’t you just go after Chris Paul or get Karl Malone out of retirement while you’re at it?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

How the fuck would this possibly be a flagrant? The amount of reviews during NBA games has gotten so ridiculous. 

Absolute joke of a fucking call. Flagrant for playing defense. 

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Doug is the only person where i don't groan when he shoots a 3.

Him, DV and Champagnie. 

With everyone else it's a God damn adventure. 

(I mean obviously Wemby can take as many as he wants afaic)

Edited by ztejas

They’ve been playing better for sure but the competition has been much easier. There’s some opportunities for more wins coming up as well. Collins and Bassey being out has been a blessing in disguise too.

The rest of the team is starting to realize that the game is easier for them if they play through Wemby. Once they truly understand how to do that, then all of the role guys start to look like legitimate NBA players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

They’ve been playing better for sure but the competition has been much easier.

I mean it's net rtg. A good way to raise it is to hammer shitty teams which we've done a couple times now - and to hang tough with better teams and we did that against MIL and @CLE (not so much Boston).

I will say playing some shitty teams has helped our confidence I think. So regardless of how any one game is moving the per possession stats I think they've started believing a bit more that they don't suck SUPER hard and that energy appears to be reflecting in our play a bit.

16 hours ago, Kermit said:

This has been an incredibly entertaining game. I don’t want compliment anyone for fear of the Kermit jinx.

That was a winable game. Vassell can't go 1-13 when Wemby is out and the spurs get the win. But they were game and they seem to be playing harder especially on defense. This group is gonna be alright. 

• Hook 'Em 1

For those of you not watching (and you shouldn’t be), if one of you old, out of shape degenerates were to don jersey number three for the Spurs and attempt to play with professional athletes, none of us would be able to tell the difference. You might even be an improvement. The whole team has sucked ass, but what he’s doing on the court right now is embarrassing.

• Haha 2

We've outscored ATL by 11 points tonight not including the 10 mins where Branham was on the floor. 

Holy fucking shit please reassign that dude. 

I mean come the fuck on, man. Osman chipping in a -11 in 12 mins for good measure himself. No one else worse than a -6.

Screenshot_20240115_164737_ESPN.thumb.jpg.00fae001ba8fd68feb6f5313fe2e2ebf.jpg

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1