2030 FIFA World Cup Location...

Trey3216

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Primarily Spain/Portugal/Morocco with some opening matches in Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay.   

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/04/fifa-2030-world-cup-to-be-hosted-by-morocco-spain-portugal.html

#1 Goal…

Keep the World Cup the fuck away from Saudi Arabia in 2030. 

FUCK THEM!

#2 Goal…

Respect the origins of the World Cup and give it to Uruguay/Argentina.

Well, they have kind of done this.

In Summary:

I hope to be living in Iberia by 2030, so this sits well with me.

PS- FUCK THE SAUDIS!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

#1 Goal…

FUCK THEM!

#2 Goal…

Respect the origins of the World Cup and give it to Uruguay/Argentina.

Well, they have kind of done this.

In Summary:

I hope to be living in Iberia by 2030, so this sits well with me.

PS- FUCK THE SAUDIS!

Saudis are going to do whatever it takes to get the 2034 iteration.  

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Saudis are going to do whatever it takes to get the 2034 iteration.  

Yep, and they’ll get it too.

I’m just glad that they will have to continue to pay ridiculous wages & transfer fees for 4 more years before finally getting the tournament that they think will make their country a destination for tourists and businesses. 

• Like 1

So we know the location of the next two World Cups, we've know about the US since 

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

#1 Goal…

Well that was done as of 2010. Asia can't host for 2 cycles after Qatar hosted. 

What I don't get is that they have hosts for the next two World Cups determinted, but still haven't selected the 2027 Women's host.

For an organization that like money, they really don't maximize their money intake.

Cool setup, IMHO.  Homage to the Copa origins.  Known powerhouse hosts in Portugal and Spain.  Pepper in MOrocco, maybe even Canary Islands which has 2 qualifying sized stadiums.  Dammit, take my money.  my cousin will have been back in Portugal long enough by then to claim us as asylum seekers when the shit does down here in a few years.  So win-win.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Cool setup, IMHO.  Homage to the Copa origins.  Known powerhouse hosts in Portugal and Spain.  Pepper in Morocco, …

Nice of you to consider “peppering in Morocco 🇲🇦”, who made it to the 2022 World Cup Semifinals  after knocking out first Spain 🇪🇸 and then Portugal 🇵🇹 to make it there.

Morocco made the Iberians its bitches with some players who will still be around in 2030 to go along with even better French born&raised players and a sprinkling of Morocco’s home grown boys.

This should be fun.

FIFA is the devil in human form!

Ling live FIFA!!

I know Morocco is a strong team.  A great people too, we spent a part of our honeymoon on their coast.  My father loved shore-leave there he was battleship group was anchored when he was in the Navy in the early 60's.  And little known fact, they were the first foreign state to recognize the U.S. Independence from Great Britain.  

I meant "pepper in" as in venues/# of matches.  As in the majority of them will take place on Iberia (except Andorra, poor bastards), with a handful in South America, and a few peppered around Morocco.  Like this weekend at the State Fair, most surly regulars will be tailgating, taunting Herbstreit, ingesting mass quantities of fried foods, and slamming wax cup beers...with a few peppered around the poultry pavilion for some reason.  Doesn't mean they're not as strong a surly member, they're just won't be that many of them.  

Serious 11 beers and chicken tartare was a huge mistake.  

Men in Blazers reported that bc of FIFA rules that the same continent can't hold successive tournaments, they added South America at the eleventh hour to block Europe, Africa, and South America from '34.  Then, shortly after the 2030 hosts were announced, the House of Al Saud dropped it's '34 bid, and then shortly after FIFA Pres announced any competing bids had to be submitted within three weeks or some ridiculous timeline.  Get your robes ready for your winter world cup '34 

• Rage+1 1