Rematch!

Longboard Horn

15 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Run the table, lol. I look forward to the board posts when we piss down our leg @ TCU and ISU.

We don't even have to piss down our leg, although that wouldn't surprisee.in the least. Does everyone here bitching about injuries costing us the game think that everyone is going to magically heal during the bye week and we won't see any other guys going down?

Good teams have depth and we just don't yet.

I swear I'm on Texags with the level of optimism shown here today. It's a really bad look.

I get we're all tired of wandering the desert, but this just isn't our year.

We don't even have to piss down our leg, although that wouldn't surprisee.in the least. Does everyone here bitching about injuries costing us the game think that everyone is going to magically heal during the bye week and we won't see any other guys going down?
I swear I'm on Texags with the level of optimism shown here today. It's a really bad look.

It may not be our year like you say, but it absolutely could be. Have you watched any other games where Texas isn't playing? There is no single dominant team anywhere in the country this year. Of the top 5 teams (which I still think we are) we've played as good as any of them, and while we've had meh games...guess what...so have the other 4. Everything is still up for grabs, we just have to take care of business with the rest of the hateful 8 on our schedule.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

This is the best Texas team since 2009. We should win every game remaining on the schedule.

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

You’re never going to think it’s our year, because you’re a pussy. This team fucks, the big 12 is awful. If it isn’t happening this year then I guess it never will again. We can pack it up boys.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

You’re never going to think it’s our year, because you’re a pussy. This team fucks, the big 12 is awful. If it isn’t happening this year then I guess it never will again. We can pack it up boys.

I believe as a Texas alum and fan, it is our God given right to go undefeated every fucking football season. We are the flagship university of the state where football is king. We make and spend more money than anyone else and frankly should be in the conversation every year.

I thought it was our year in 83, 90, 01, 04, 05, 08, and 09. We had great teams then but only one national championship. So much has to fucking go right to win one, hell we were denied a chance by a fucking poll where art briles fucked us in our ranking.

If that makes me a pussy, oh well you are what you eat, but your and others breathlessly saying we are going to run the table no problem are so very aggy.

I know which I'd rather be.

2 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I don’t like losing.  

Me neither, and I would love for us to have beaten OU today and then go beat them again in the CCG ... BUT, if we couldn't win them both, then as much as it sucked losing today, the one I'd to pick to win is the CCG. Can't do anything now about the loss, but we can sure as hell learn from it and win out to get a rematch, as you said. There's no reason this team can't do that and more. 

Hopefully it's a wakeup call, too, in terms of physicality, at l;east. Yes, we're physical af, but today there were times when I don't think our guys realized how physical they needed to be to win. Hopefully this game tape can be used as a teaching tool and motivator to show them there's no such thing as 'physical enough', and nothing's a given just because you have 1st & goal from the 1 or whatever it was.

5 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I believe as a Texas alum and fan, it is our God given right to go undefeated every fucking football season. We are the flagship university of the state where football is king. We make and spend more money than anyone else and frankly should be in the conversation every year.

I thought it was our year in 83, 90, 01, 04, 05, 08, and 09. We had great teams then but only one national championship. So much has to fucking go right to win one, hell we were denied a chance by a fucking poll where art briles fucked us in our ranking.

If that makes me a pussy, oh well you are what you eat, but your and others breathlessly saying we are going to run the table no problem are so very aggy.

You do realize people just mean running the table to get to the CCG, right? I have no delusions about winning it all. Haven’t all year. This team should steam roll the rest of their conference schedule. These are BAD teams in our future. We beat the shit out of Kansas and a good Wyoming team by double digits. Nobody else we play is as good as either of those teams. There is nothing delusional about that. It’s what was expected before the OU game and nothing about that game has changed that. 

Now, run the table to the national championship? Laughable, delusional, aggy as fuck.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Wait, you seriously think we don't have depth?  That's one of our biggest strengths this year...having depth.  I don't see a single person who said injuries cost us the game.  It probably wasn't even in the top 3 reasons we lost the game.  But having to switch to a freshman center mid-game and being down two quality DBs doesn't help matters.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

You aren't going to like the playoff era.

• Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Wait, you seriously think we don't have depth?  That's one of our biggest strengths this year...having depth.  I don't see a single person who said injuries cost us the game.  It probably wasn't even in the top 3 reasons we lost the game.  But having to switch to a freshman center mid-game and being down two quality DBs doesn't help matters.

Check out posts 33 and 44 in this very thread.

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Check out posts 33 and 44 in this very thread.

Neither of those say injuries were the reason we lost.  In fact, one is just making the point that our injuries weren't comparable to OU losing two players late in the game.

You hate to lose, I feel like we’ve done that enough for the last 12 years, but I really hope that woke this team up. 

These slow starts have to stop, last year it was the ending , now we can’t start fast but we finish very strong. Sark has to find a way to play complete games. Idk what it is, but as the head coach it’s your job to fix whatever is at a disconnect. Hopefully this game gets these players attention, cause is no way in hell this was the same team we had in Tuscaloosa, the passion that team played with was nowhere to be found Yesterday.  Sark has to be better also, I honestly think the coaching staff underestimated OUs front and the coaches turtled . Sark showed us in Bama he knew what to do to end games, and didn’t. He talks about Complimentary football but I felt like he did the defense a disservice . We may have stop Gabriel but anyone at the game would tell you, We really couldn’t stop that OUs offense, and I get it, we need to score so the offense is in hurry up mode. But once we got inside the 40 Sark could have slowed down and ate Clock, but he didn’t, even so why do you  call that on 3rd?? Is like you didn’t even want to try and score, you were satisfied with a FG, and maybe you did believe in your defense, cause they’ve shown you they can do it, but PK didn’t help with the prevent defense giving them, everything underneath. Grabiel showed you all day that’s what they do, and do it at a fast tempo to get them down the field. I was really just disappointed with the coaching at times in this game. At least make them earn it. Put some heat on Gabriel.  
is so much I can say but ultimately, we have to be better coaching wise. I hope this helps Sark to make adjustments to how he does a few things. 

I think Texas is going to go undefeated through the rest of the conference schedule.  I thought that maybe they would beat OU and then drop a game late, and have to beat OU again to make the playoff ... now I think if they are a playoff team then they will play like they are and win out.

It will help if OU wins out and the teams Texas does NOT play (West Va, Cincinnati, Ok State, UCF) all get two conference losses to prevent wacky tiebreakers.  Cincinnati and UCF already have two or more.  West Virginia probably is the most likely tiebreaker spoiler.  Root against those four.

IF Texas gets a rematch agains an undefeated OU, I like their chances.  The winner will claim a playoff spot.  It will be epic.

Edited by Texas Jeff