Kansas at Oklahoma State - 2:30pm on FS1

Pancho

That game felt so much like an OSU-Texas Tech game from around 2007-09 or so. Both teams getting like 9 yards per play all day…. The only way we would get stops is getting an INT or a fumble or something. 

Fun game but stressful AF.

Kansas is NOT fun to play against… that offense is something.

The get two weeks to prepare for OU in Lawrence now. Would love to see them carve up Venables. You know they’re gonna throw the kitchen sink at them.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Like 1

Kansas being overrated? Shocker, but not really, considering this is what they've always done dating back to the Mangino days. They beat up on a bunch of cupcakes at the start of the season, but get exposed by the first team with a pulse that they play. We destroyed them, and they made Alan Bowman look like an All-American. 

1 hour ago, z009 said:

Kansas being overrated? Shocker, but not really, considering this is what they've always done dating back to the Mangino days. They beat up on a bunch of cupcakes at the start of the season, but get exposed by the first team with a pulse that they play. We destroyed them, and they made Alan Bowman look like an All-American. 

I am not aware of Kansas always having done this.

On 10/15/2023 at 12:30 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

That game felt so much like an OSU-Texas Tech game from around 2007-09 or so. Both teams getting like 9 yards per play all day…. The only way we would get stops is getting an INT or a fumble or something. 

Fun game but stressful AF.

Kansas is NOT fun to play against… that offense is something.

The get two weeks to prepare for OU in Lawrence now. Would love to see them carve up Venables. You know they’re gonna throw the kitchen sink at them.

OU will probably score 60 on that Kansas defense. 

1 minute ago, kuobserver said:

I am not aware of Kansas always having done this.

Yeah I mean they have been going like 1-11 or 2-10 just about every year since Mangino left up until last year.

And kudos to Texas for handling them, but it certainly helped that Bean didn't know he was going to start until right before the game.

They aren't some great team by any stretch, but they are more than capable on offense with quite a few weapons. It will be very interesting to see how they do with two weeks to prepare for OU at home.... especially if Daniels is back by then.

2 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Perhaps.

But OU also only managed to score 20 against a Cincinnati team that Iowa State completely took apart, so we'll see. 

Every week is different.

They also hung 50 on Iowa State and hung 34 on us. I think the Cincinnati game was just an off game for them.

1 hour ago, z009 said:

They also hung 50 on Iowa State and hung 34 on us. I think the Cincinnati game was just an off game for them.

Ok yeah that's fine. The Iowa State game was at home, RRS is neutral, and they had significant turnover margins in both games.

They have played two teams with a pulse on the road and scored 20 (Cincy) and 28 (SMU). It's not like they are some unstoppable force.

KU might be worse on defense than those two, but they are significantly better on offense.

OU may very well blow KU out, but I'm just saying that playing them in Lawrence coming off a bye will be no easy task.

Edited by oSuJeff97

15 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Ok yeah that's fine. The Iowa State game was at home, RRS is neutral, and they had significant turnover margins in both games.

They have played two teams with a pulse on the road and scored 20 (Cincy) and 28 (SMU). It's not like they are some unstoppable force.

KU might be worse on defense than those two, but they are significantly better on offense.

OU may very well blow KU out, but I'm just saying that playing them in Lawrence coming off a bye will be no easy task.

I'm not saying OU is world beaters, but I do think Kansas' 5-2 record is a product of a weak schedule. Their best win is probably UCF or BYU, which is not saying much. Kansas started off last year 5-1, but finished 6-7. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens this year. 

Edited by z009
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, z009 said:

I'm not saying OU is world beaters, but I do think Kansas' 5-2 record is a product of a weak schedule. Their best win is probably UCF or BYU, which is not saying much. Kansas started off last year 5-1, but finished 6-7. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens this year. 

Agreed, but I do think Kansas is significantly better than both Cincy and SMU and OU didn't have an easy time with either of them on the road, that's all I'm saying.

• Like 2