Good Employment Attorney in San Antonio

CHIEF

I have a step-uncle that has moved back from Hong Kong, where he taught school for 20 years. He went to work in SAISD. He had to restrain a child that was throwing stuff, trying to injure other students. He was put on standard administrative leave. The kid he restrained is completely over it. He doesn't think anything will become of it, but would like a good attorney referral if anyone knows someone. You can put any referrals here or DM me. Thanks.

CHIEF

20 hours ago, CHIEF said:

Yeah. He called the union rep, he is a member. But didn't get the warm fuzzies.

CHIEF

https://www.tcta.org/legal-services/legal-issues-a-to-z/faqs-when-placed-on-administrative-leave

I am not in the education field,  but did he contact the Texas Classroom Teachers Assoc  as the first step ?   

Is he a new hire under a probation period ?    I believe @Knoxtnhorn is in the education field.   Though I think he is in the Metroplex,  perhaps he can offer advice.

1 hour ago, torre said:

https://www.tcta.org/legal-services/legal-issues-a-to-z/faqs-when-placed-on-administrative-leave

I am not in the education field,  but did he contact the Texas Classroom Teachers Assoc  as the first step ?   

Is he a new hire under a probation period ?    I believe @Knoxtnhorn is in the education field.   Though I think he is in the Metroplex,  perhaps he can offer advice.

Yes he is a new hire. He had to restrain the child, the child was not hurt. However, SAISD has not provided him restraint training. The Principle, or Superintendent basically said "that's on us", if anything comes of it. He said he had to do it to prevent serious injury to the student that was being attacked.

CHIEF

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Not sure how teachers unions work, but I know labor unions are required to represent all the employees at a work place, whether they are dues paying members or not. They are owed a duty of fair representation. You also don’t need the union to file a grievance.

That's not the case for teachers in Texas. These are teacher associations, not unions. They lobby on behalf of teachers, but do not do any kind of collective bargaining.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...