Scavenger’s Reign on HBO max

FORTY NINE TO ZERO

I’ve been watching this this week based solely off this thread. I would never have known anything about it. I’m through eight episodes and it’s really, really good. It’s a slow burn but the world-building of the planet is fascinating.

Maybe this is explained but the opening title sequence, three escape pods seem to get away from the main ship but one is burned up and destroyed during the descent. Two “survive.” On the planet, we get the chick and the android, the botanist/Agro chick and the pilot/commander and then the “company” man who has gone mad and is being manipulated by the black-and-white thingys. So there are three different groups from Demeter there but appears only two pods survived the descent.

At any rate, the last episode I watched last night was the one where the scavenger’s/rescuer ship is destroyed and now they’re stuck.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 11/17/2023 at 11:16 AM, C-Man said:

I’ve been watching this this week based solely off this thread. I would never have known anything about it. I’m through eight episodes and it’s really, really good. It’s a slow burn but the world-building of the planet is fascinating.

Maybe this is explained but the opening title sequence, three escape pods seem to get away from the main ship but one is burned up and destroyed during the descent. Two “survive.” On the planet, we get the chick and the android, the botanist/Agro chick and the pilot/commander and then the “company” man who has gone mad and is being manipulated by the black-and-white thingys. So there are three different groups from Demeter there but appears only two pods survived the descent.

At any rate, the last episode I watched last night was the one where the scavenger’s/rescuer ship is destroyed and now they’re stuck.

great to hear, happy someone else is enjoying the show. 

good catch on the escape pods…  humph 

Edited by FORTY NINE TO ZERO

On 11/17/2023 at 11:16 AM, C-Man said:

We end up seeing at least 7 pods on the planet in the first handful of episodes.

Spoiler

3 at the botanist/pilot camp

1 where they grab the fresh battery down in the cave

1 at Azi  & Levi's camp

1 in a tree (where a-hole is trapped)

1 where they find all the dead folks and bury them

Really enjoyed the series. Hadn't heard about it until recently when a coworker mentioned it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also enjoying the series. Not finished yet but will be soon.

Minor complaints:

How come only some of the characters carry a weapon on the planet? Seems like a lot of the planet is trying to kill/eat you, so why would you wander around unarmed? 

Any why do some many of the people walk around touching everything they see? Put on some gloves or wrap a shirt around your hand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

We watched this based on the recommendations in this thread and really enjoyed it. It's not really Mrs. Doom's cup of tea, but I had a feeling that if she gave it a chance, she would like it, and she did. 

I appreciated the little flourishes - a background animal demonstrating some adaptive trait and then never been seen again, or the way in which the "rescuer" team did their whole 'new planet, new atmosphere, new leader is whoever can breathe the longest' ritual right away. 

I don't want to spoil anything, but the main "bad guy" sure was a motherfucker. He and his antics reminded me a little bit of a similar antagonist in Legion. 

I hope we get another season. Or a spin-off focused on the robot. 

• Hook 'Em 1