what the fuck is wrong with your judges, El Paso?

High Plains Drifter

Videos are definitely worth the watch

https://elpasomatters.org/2023/11/06/video-judge-bonnie-rangel-admonished-over-courtroom-behavior/

This is her video pitch for a "judge judy"-like TV show:

I would like to emphasize that this person has won re-election twice since the second video was made, in 2015.

On 12/3/2023 at 6:53 AM, nnm said:

Texas never should have accepted that little slice jutting into NM. El Paso is culturally much more a NM city.  She’d fit right in with the NM judiciary. 

I actually like El Paso, its a great city, except for the horrible horrible air quality (and i guess their insane judges).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Helobious said:

This is stupider than that judge.

I’m a 5G New Mexican on one side, longtime Texan family on the other. I’m deeply historically, emotionally, and financially invested in both states and the variety of cultures in each. El Paso is a New Mexico City by culture and it’s not even close. The food, the demographics, the mindset, all of it. UTEP looks and feels a lot more like UNM than it does UT Austin. 

• Like 1

Just now, nnm said:

I’m a 5G New Mexican on one side, longtime Texan family on the other. I’m deeply historically, emotionally, and financially invested in both states and the variety of cultures in each. El Paso is a New Mexico City by culture and it’s not even close. The food, the demographics, the mindset, all of it. UTEP looks and feels a lot more like UNM than it does UT Austin. 

Demographics? Ever been to South Texas? El Paso is actually pretty racially diverse compared to Laredo/McAllen/Brownsville. Texas is a large state, it’s not all a monolith. Piney woods to the desert. 

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Maybe New Mexico feels like El Paso? Ever think of that? 😉

Edited by Steel Shank
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1