Griselda starring Sofia Vergara

Seems promising. From the people who brought you Narcos. Based loosely on the real life of Griselda Blanco, a woman from Medellín, Colombia, who ran a Miami-based drug cartel.

Netflix nailed the casting of Sofia

IMG-0314.jpg

as the real life Griselda Blanco:

IMG-0313.jpg

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Parliament said:

How are they gonna make that work?  You can drink 'em pretty, but how do you make them ugly?

There are some replies about this in the Narcos thread. Some fake teeth and a few facial mods but it's not possible to make Sofia look that hideous. Even with the costume stuff her hotness is acknowledged in the plot quite a bit. Took a 10 to about a 5 1/2 or 6 I'd say 

• Hook 'Em 1

The series is okay, nowhere near the same ballpark as Narcos.  It could be that the story isn't as compelling, but even with that, I don't think it's done as well.  I think they tried to compress everything into 6 episodes and it seems like the story jumped around too much.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Catpfish said:

The series is okay, nowhere near the same ballpark as Narcos.  It could be that the story isn't as compelling, but even with that, I don't think it's done as well.  I think they tried to compress everything into 6 episodes and it seems like the story jumped around too much.

Yeah, my wife and I finished it last night. It was okay, but not nearly as good as the Narcos series. 

39 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Her youngest son is suing Vergara/Neflix for basically making his mom look uglier than she really was...per his claim. lol.  And that they didn't ask to use the family's image/likeness, etc.. I think they settled recently.  

"The defense rests, your honor."

IMG-0313.jpg