Centurion Club ATL

jdhorn92

Well this solves my 2025 problem of not getting into Delta SkyClub

https://about.americanexpress.com/newsroom/press-releases/news-details/2024/American-Express-To-Open-Largest-Centurion-Lounge-at-Hartsfield-Jackson-Atlanta-International-Airport/default.aspx

With Delta's '25 change to Skyclub access, having the Amex Platinum will get you in free (well $500 technically, iirc).  Wonder if this will ease 2024 overcrowding in ATL Skyclub? 

26K square feet, in E concourse, so a bit of hike if you connect in B, but their plane train is very efficient and I usually just walk anyway, as the ATL has done a great job with the walking museums, art etc.. between several of the terminals.

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Well this solves my 2025 problem of not getting into Delta SkyClub

https://about.americanexpress.com/newsroom/press-releases/news-details/2024/American-Express-To-Open-Largest-Centurion-Lounge-at-Hartsfield-Jackson-Atlanta-International-Airport/default.aspx

With Delta's '25 change to Skyclub access, having the Amex Platinum will get you in free (well $500 technically, iirc).  Wonder if this will ease 2024 overcrowding in ATL Skyclub? 

26K square feet, in E concourse, so a bit of hike if you connect in B, but their plane train is very efficient and I usually just walk anyway, as the ATL has done a great job with the walking museums, art etc.. between several of the terminals.

Ok.  But they just changed the admission rules on the Centurion Lounge.  I can't remember what the deal is exactly, but they've imposed some spending requirements to get the access you used to have just by being a member.

But if you meet those spending requirements, then you also have access to the Delta SkyClub.  So that's nice.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Ok.  But they just changed the admission rules on the Centurion Lounge.  I can't remember what the deal is exactly, but they've imposed some spending requirements to get the access you used to have just by being a member.

But if you meet those spending requirements, then you also have access to the Delta SkyClub.  So that's nice.

Check me on this, but I think that is just to bring in a guest where there is a spending limit required. Could  be wrong though.  The link I attached doesnt mention a min spend threshold.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

@Ghost of LL

yeah the spend requirement is just for getting guests in for $0.  The reason this was important to me is I fly Delta through Atl 2-3x per month and next year I will lose Sky Club, but with Amex opening Centurion in ATL, ill have another option, albeit not as convenient.

image.thumb.png.e1856776c1148c5267f6b9c64eff1f6d.png

Platinum members are free. The card costs me $695 per year but I get a lot of benefits that offset most, if not all, of the cost. Guests are free if you spend $75,000 or more per year or the cost is $50 per guest access. The clubs are great, but like all airport clubs, they can get very crowded.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

New rules are for guests and only if you don't hit $75k/yr spend.  You can still access the Centurion Club with an Amex Plat and a boarding pass.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, msbesq said:

Platinum members are free. The card costs me $695 per year but I get a lot of benefits that offset most, if not all, of the cost. Guests are free if you spend $75,000 or more per year or the cost is $50 per guest access. The clubs are great, but like all airport clubs, they can get very crowded.

Yep.  I was in DFW Centurion Club on Sunday as the rain and fog were fucking up flights all over the place.  It was crowded AF, but at least I got in.

Amex Plat supplementary card holder fee is 150 (total, flat fee) for up to 3 addl cards, so if you guys travel with the same "guests" frequently (spouse or kids for example), it quickly pays to get them supplementary cards instead of paying a 50/guest fee every time. Supplemental cards are allowed Lounge access just like the primary card. If you don't want them spending or messing up your credit, you don't need to physically give them the card, just bring it and present it when you travel.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Amex Plat supplementary card holder fee is 150 (total, flat fee) for up to 3 addl cards, so if you guys travel with the same "guests" frequently (spouse or kids for example), it quickly pays to get them supplementary cards instead of paying a 50/guest fee every time. Supplemental cards are allowed Lounge access just like the primary card. If you don't want them spending or messing up your credit, you don't need to physically give them the card, just bring it and present it when you travel.

Correction, additional cards are $195.  But your point still probably stands.

I havent even attemped to go into aa AXP lounge since covid.  The lines to even get in and try to scramble for a seat is unbelievable and is only getting worse as far as I can tell.   Throw in that United has clubs in every terminal vs trying to make it over the whatever terminal the AXP lounge is in.   Of course the AXP lounges are generally nicer and the food is much better but not worth the wait of course.

I still have the card and it still pays for itself even if I dont spend a min in an AMEX lounge.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 6:55 PM, Buzzrock said:

Delta Reserve card holders can get in too if you bought your Delta ticket with the card (not sure how they prove that).

Didn't think this was true...I fly on my corporate AMEX but routinely get into Centurion lounges with my personal Delta Reserve.  Thought it just had to be same day-Delta flight and I have to have my Reserve Card on me (which I always do).

Either way, going to try and see the new lounge tomorrow while passing through ATL, same deal I bought ticket with corporate AMEX so I'll see what happens.

3 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Pretty swanky place.

Delta Reserve gets you in as long as you are on a same day Delta marked flight. How you paid for the flight doesn’t seem to matter.

Good to know.  Wont affect me unitl '25, but Ill be trekking over to this lounge almost weekly, unless I hit the minimum spend on Delta for Sky club access.  Ill still get a dozen entries with the Plat Amex, but Ill eat those up quickly.

On 3/3/2024 at 10:02 AM, McCroskey said:

Pretty swanky place.

Delta Reserve gets you in as long as you are on a same day Delta marked flight. How you paid for the flight doesn’t seem to matter.

Confirmed. I dropped in last week in the afternoon on the way overseas and all they wanted to see was a boarding pass and the CC. I helped myself to quite a bit of Makers Cask Strength. 

Curious what it’s like on a normal morning. I should find out soon. 

Confirmed. I dropped in last week in the afternoon on the way overseas and all they wanted to see was a boarding pass and the CC. I helped myself to quite a bit of Makers Cask Strength. 
Curious what it’s like on a normal morning. I should find out soon. 

I had same thought and went back this morning between 9:30-10:30am…relatively busy but a nice spot open to sit outside on the terrace.

I know it’s spring break season but on Sunday and again today there were so many families in there.