Door knob question

I have 2 exterior keyed (twist on inside) Schlage levers on my house with some sort of dark finish. They were put in by our contractor during a small renovation about a year ago and I don't know the model number, but I'm almost positive that it was off the shelf. My 2.5 year old can now unlock the deadbolt and easily use the lever to get outside.

I want to replace on the interior side with knobs (that I can put child proof knob on). I want to keep the exterior levers in place as not to rekey. Can I just take both sides off, take them to Lowe's/HD and they can hook me up? I got no problem buying the full knob set up. And I don't like/trust what I've seen for child proofing levers.

Just electrify the door knob, or sharpen an edge on the lever.

They'll stop fucking with it eventually.

On 2/26/2024 at 10:44 AM, Dr Fear said:
On 2/26/2024 at 10:42 AM, dcbc said:
I think it's pretty easy to "key" a knew knob set to your current key, as in you can do it without having to call a locksmith.  

Wife still wants the levers on the exterior.

Tell the wife it's your house, not hers, and that you'll put on whatever doorknobs you want.

And please film & post her reaction so we can analyze.

• Haha 2