Landry era Cowboys

Bullneck

FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm watching UConn & Alabama and drunk and kinda bored.  Every so often a name enters my old head and I Google them to see if they are "is" or "was."  I guess Rodrigo Barnes is gone. 

Recently watched SB5 on YT and what a wasted opportunity for a SB Title with the blown scoring oops and sticking with an injured and ineffective Morton at QB.  Cowboys should have more than 2 SB wins under Landry, imo. 

Recently watched SB5 on YT and what a wasted opportunity for a SB Title with the blown scoring oops and sticking with an injured and ineffective Morton at QB.  Cowboys should have more than 2 SB wins under Landry, imo. 

They should have won SB5. Should have won the Catch game, lost on the failure of Ernie Stautner staying in the prevent with his best players on the sideline and Landry sticking with him. Fucker.

Posted (edited)

As a kid growing up in Houston and loving the Oilers, there are basically two important things to me about the Cowboys. First, was that I was REALLY glad that we had Earl Campbell when my pot luck roomies were all Dallas fans and knew the fucking jock sizes of the Cowboys.  Second is that I know that as long as Jerry Jones is Head Coach when it comes to glory, and not Head Coach when it comes to accountability, the Cowboys will always sort of be the the Aggies pro football.  In the hopes and dreams, with disappointments category.

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/7/2024 at 1:48 PM, horn4life said:

As a kid growing up in Houston and loving the Oilers, there are basically two important things to me about the Cowboys. First, was that I was REALLY glad that we had Earl Campbell when my pot luck roomies were all Dallas fans and knew the fucking jock sizes of the Cowboys.  Second is that I know that as long as Jerry Jones is Head Coach when it comes to glory, and not Head Coach when it comes to accountability, the Cowboys will always sort of be the the Aggies pro football.  In the hopes and dreams, with disappointments category.

I gave up giving a shit about the Cowboys a long time ago but how are Jerry’s Cowboys with 3 super bowls anything like aggy who has never won a damn thing in my or my father’s lifetime?  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I gave up giving a shit about the Cowboys a long time ago but how are Jerry’s Cowboys with 3 super bowls anything like aggy who has never won a damn thing in my or my father’s lifetime?  

Interestingly the Aggies also claim 3 national championships, from long bygone eras. The last time Jerry Jones had a head coach with the actual ability to be a head coach was when JIMMY JOHNSON won those Championships.  Then Jerry did not like that the team's coach was getting more accolades than the teams owner.

Since that time, as I said before Jerry wants head coach glory, without head coach responsibility. That is what makes the Cowboys Aggie-like.  

Maybe one day Jerry Jones will allow a head coach to actually be a real head coach again, and perhaps the Cowboys will again win a Super Bowl.  But as long as Jerry wants to "play" head coach, the Cowboys will indeed be very Aggie like to me.  With hopes and dreams dashed repeatedly.  The main difference is Aggie dreams are usually dashed by early October, and Cowboys fans get to hope a little longer before their hopes are dashed.

But I like you salute the last Cowboy Super Bowl win in 1996... 😉

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Interestingly the Aggies also claim 3 national championships, from long bygone eras. The last time Jerry Jones had a head coach with the actual ability to be a head coach was when JIMMY JOHNSON won those Championships.  Then Jerry did not like that the team's coach was getting more accolades than the teams owner.

Since that time, as I said before Jerry wants head coach glory, without head coach responsibility. That is what makes the Cowboys Aggie-like.  

Maybe one day Jerry Jones will allow a head coach to actually be a real head coach again, and perhaps the Cowboys will again win a Super Bowl.  But as long as Jerry wants to "play" head coach, the Cowboys will indeed be very Aggie like to me.  With hopes and dreams dashed repeatedly.  The main difference is Aggie dreams are usually dashed by early October, and Cowboys fans get to hope a little longer before their hopes are dashed.

But I like you salute the last Cowboy Super Bowl win in 1996... 😉

Comparing the 90’s to when Hitler was in charge is a choice lol.  But yes, I’m an old.  

edit: also super bowls aren’t ’claimed’.  You won one or you didn’t.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Comparing the 90’s to when Hitler was in charge is a choice lol.  But yes, I’m an old.  

edit: also super bowls aren’t ’claimed’.  You won one or you didn’t.  

Having to toss Hitler in as some sort of support of your argument is.... well.... dare I say?   

Aggie-like!  😉

But I like you salute the last Cowboy Super Bowl win in 1996...
Claiming fake titles from almost a century ago vs actually winning legit titles on the field is not even close to the same thing. Aggy has zero in common with the Dallas franchise in terms of winning.

Aggy is more like the Detroit Lions, a franchise that has zero real success in this modern era of football.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Claiming fake titles from almost a century ago vs actually winning legit titles on the field is not even close to the same thing. Aggy has zero in common with the Dallas franchise in terms of winning.

Aggy is more like the Detroit Lions, a franchise that has zero real success in this modern era of football.

Agreed. At least the Cowboys' titles are legit, because they won those Super Bowls. aggy has a legit claim for their 1939 championship, but that's all. The rest is typical aggy self-adulation and self-delusion. aggy must use MK Ultra brainwashing techniques at fish camp. College Station is more like a Scientology base than a university. They even have their own Sea Org at Galveston.