Belgium Recs

Johnny Chimpo

I’ve got 4 days in Brussels an two days in Bruges with no real plans made. I’m staying in the city center of both.

Considering a day trip to Antwerp to meet up with a work colleague and I got a little Portuguese chica I’m meeting up with in Brussels so that will be fun. Any good date spot recommendations for Brussels would be appreciated. 

Any must see things or recommendations for restaurants and beer bars? In Brussels I plan on hitting Delirium and La Mort Subite and in Bruges I’ll be hitting up De Halve Maan but aside from that I’m all ears.  

Edited by Johnny Chimpo

Ypres is a cool little city with a ton of WWI history.   They fought over that area of Flanders three different times in the great war.  Within 15 minutes of town you can see the remains of Hill 60, a re-made trench where Hitler fought as a young private, the site of the soccer match in no-mans-land on Christmas, and some other cool spots. 

Aside from that, it’s a cool little town with good restaurants and bars in the central plaza surrounded by cobblestone streets and 700 year old buildings. 

Its about an hour on the train from Brussels. 

• Like 1

They have a different glass for every beer. These are people who put thought into things.
You know they do that in a lot of places in europe right....certain beers need certain glasses....plus the having to wait for a beer in the czech republic if you visit in the afternoon while they clean the lines