The Big Hack: How China Used a Tiny Chip to Infiltrate U.S. Companies (Apple, Amazon)

clapclapclap

On 10/7/2018 at 9:47 PM, XYZ said:

It’s evident that protecting the big corporations by any means necessary is one of the federal government’s top priorities, probably #2, only slightly less important than protecting itself. Fuck the rule of law. And for sure fuck the people.

I’m no backer of the government, but in the case of companies like this, it can absolutely be put in the category of national security concerns.  (If it’s true of course)

Edited by Trey3216

Cybersecurity incidents and secrecy go hand in hand, unfortunately. I am going to guess the truth is somewhere in the middle. Chips have been found, how long has this rumor been around? lol, but nowhere near widespread.

Nevertheless, it's silly to allow any of our core infrastructure to be developed outside the US, you would think. But, let's be honest, the min. wage assembly workers in the US are no more trustworthy.

Nothing is trusted. Defense in depth is the only way to run security around here.

Edited by pacman

2 hours ago, pacman said:

Cybersecurity incidents and secrecy go hand in hand, unfortunately. I am going to guess the truth is somewhere in the middle. Chips have been found, how long has this rumor been around? lol, but nowhere near widespread.

Nevertheless, it's silly to allow any of our core infrastructure to be developed outside the US, you would think. But, let's be honest, the min. wage assembly workers in the US are no more trustworthy.

Nothing is trusted. Defense in depth is the only way to run security around here.

I don't have a big concern with this kind of manufacturing being done overseas. These security issues that seem to freak the layperson out can be mitigated with supply chain security and network monitoring and other controls. As you put it, "defense in depth."

• Like 1