Home Office Screen Setup

Spur08

They make converters.  Just make sure you get the right one.  Otherwise, get new HDMI monitor.

At one point I had two monitors connected to my laptop through a port replicator giving me three screens.  Now I just have one monitor hooked up to the laptop.  For what I do, a two screen setup is sufficient.

Does your laptop have two HDMI ports?  If so, get you a pair of HDMI to VGA adapters, and make sure you have your male/female connections right when you order.  

If you only have one HDMI, you'll need an "external" video card (with a VGA output).  My experience with them has be so-so, but at least they're cheap.

On 10/9/2018 at 5:45 PM, woohorn said:

Look and see if your laptop manuf makes a docking station. Best way to go by far.

I second this. My dock has multiple outputs and I don’t have connect a bunch of cables to get everything connected. 

If that’s not an option amazon has both hdmi and usb to vga that are cheap. I’m not sure a third monitor would be an option though as I don’t think either of this can split without just mirroring.