Greyhound to Waco? Do I Dare?

phdhorn

6 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Update:

Fucking train is delayed 3 1/2 hours (yay Amtrak!).  Won't leave now until noon.  Bus leaves at 2:30 but fuck that.   Too late in the day.

We're driving, leaving in 20 mins.

Hey, why didn't I think of that first?  FML.

Because you were on here fishing for a ride, which was a damn smart idea. JK

I'm sure someone on here was going to Dallas today, can't believe a surly bro didn't offer you a lift. Someone needs to start a "is anyone going from ______to ______ on ____day thread and split the gas. I would, but I'm not about to give any of you crazy fuckers a ride. TBH, if I lived in Austin and heading to Waco or Dallas I'd have stepped up.

Edited by CfRhTxStBobcats

1 hour ago, JohnnyRage said:

Are you still going photo blog the trip?

Nah, because it's just IH-35.  However I got into traffic near Lorena and fucking stop and go'd the gotdamn thing all the way down past Troy.  10 miles took 35 minutes.  Yeah I shoulda looked at WazeGoogleWhatever, but really I just shoulda taken 317 S. from McGregor.  However I figured there would be some delay, but not that shit.  Again FML.  Anyway the good news is I got a shitton of work done in the car while texting at 20 mph for 12 miles and 30 minutes.

Wife is now on the road, she's heading south on 317 from McGregor (to bypass that fucking construction traffic that I got in) and texted me she just fucking passed the train she was supposed to be on - which should have been at that spot about 11 a.m.  It's there at 3 p.m.

Amtrak - when you want to purposely fuck your day up as much as possible just for something different!

4 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Because you were on here fishing for a ride, which was a damn smart idea. JK

I'm sure someone on here was going to Dallas today, can't believe a surly bro didn't offer you a lift. Someone needs to start a "is anyone going from ______to ______ on ____day thread and split the gas. I would, but I'm not about to give any of you crazy fuckers a ride. 

Thanks for the fake offer, but I don't' do blowjobs any more for rides.  Hey, I needed the money...

The good news is that the wife says she wants sex for her birthday.  I'm assuming from me, just as good as anyone else I guess.  But yeah, let's see if THAT'LL happen later.  LOL.

Got to my post before the edit. Lol. Any fan of The good the bad and the ugly has to be alright. Or is that from hang em high, or a fist full of dollars? They all seem to run together anymore.

I got fooled once by a sonofabitch standing on the side of the road in front of a broken down car. I stopped to offer him a lift to the next town, after he got in my truck I asked him what was wrong with his car and he said, oh, that's not my car. Next town I stopped and made him get his ass out. 

2 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Got to my post before the edit. Lol. Any fan of The good the bad and the ugly has to be alright. Or is that from hang em high, or a fist full of dollars? They all seem to run together anymore.

GB&U.  Classic Mexican Standoff penultimate scene with cutsey pie thrown in (the actual end scene where Blondie shoots Tuco down from the noose is soooooooo underrated, only because the scene before it is soooooooo ubiquitous).

GB&U is absolutefreakingly my favorite movie ever.  I have on my bucket list to visit each and every location where it was filmed - I know where they are exactly and plan to go some day.  Some of the stuff is pretty much gone (Sad Hill) but a lot of it is at least partially still around due to being used in subsequent films.

The trilogy (actually a quartet if you consider Once Upon A Time In The West) gets better with each movie.  I would like For A Few Dollars More the most but the epic story line of GB&U and how it mixes in the Civil War and all the Old West stuff makes it #1.  Plus you'll have to go a long, long way to find a better acting job than Eli Wallach did in that movie.  Anyway, they're all good.  No doubt.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 1

Thanks for the fake offer, but I don't' do blowjobs any more for rides.  Hey, I needed the money...
The good news is that the wife says she wants sex for her birthday.  I'm assuming from me, just as good as anyone else I guess.  But yeah, let's see if THAT'LL happen later.  LOL.

I’ll sex the wife - no problemo. But...

That’ll be cash on the barrelhead son. This old grey dog, gets paid to run.

On 10/12/2018 at 6:09 PM, TtomTerrific said:

Did you stop at Buc ees?  I hear there's a Buc ees. 

Should have taken the bus...a solid part of Americana.

No, but man that's a good place for it.  Fucking traffic backs up there and has for about the last 15 years.

On 10/13/2018 at 7:03 AM, luke duke said:

What’s a Walkman?

A really fat smartphone without the phone, apps, or anything else.  I still have one.

On 10/13/2018 at 7:45 AM, Player said:

I’ll sex the wife - no problemo. But...

That’ll be cash on the barrelhead son. This old grey dog, gets paid to run.

We finally got to this last night.  But sure,  I take PayPal.