Liverpool 2017-18: We won it 5 times

longhorndude

11 hours ago, mdmost said:

It would be nice if we'd stop prosecuting the Coutinho shit over and over. He's gone and this team is doing okay without him. If you had told me before he was sold that we'd be top 4 in the EPL with CL assured for next season and a chance to go to the UCL finals, all without him, I'd be perfectly fine with him being gone. It all worked out. LFC fans, let it go.

I get wht you're saying and agree to an extent, but reserve the my right as a fan to be petty.  F him  Would feel a lot different if he wouldn't have almost sabotaged our season on 2-3 different occasions. Sure, Luis got sent to train by himself, but once it was go time, he didn't hand in a transfer request before a CL qualifying game or have a hurt back, he was a freaking monster.  

Phil, not so much.  It will soften in time, but I live laughing at him having to play something called Leganes and watch his team get bounced out of the CL while we advance.

• Like 1

That's really a fantastic goal, with a couple of great passes, some amazing dribbling from Mané, and a calm, composed finish from arguably the most in-form attacker in the world right now. I love that there were like three opportunities for Mané or Salah to go down but neither did. Sterling would've flopped like the bitch that he is.  

8 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I know quite a bit about European football but prob not as much as some of y’all.  So.  Question.  Is there a draw that Liverpool wants tomorrow, or at this point, does it matter?  

I think that Real Madrid is the favorite, that being said, would we rather play them on a neutral field for 1 game or home and home?

In the end, I think we can beat any of the remaining teams if we are on.

I guarantee no one wants to draw us right now.

I'd like to say Roma would be the most ideal but they did just put up 3 on Barca at home and seem to be tough to kill off. Real Madrid would be better in a 1 off away from home. I'd rather not face them in the next round. Bayern I don't know much about.

At this point though, we're playing so well and we don't have to worry about anything other than winning the next leg. We'll have a lot of confidence going into the new round and Anfield at home is a pretty nice home atmosphere as evidenced by the City match. We've scored the most points of any EPL team in the CL history. Salah has scored in every match at Anfield since Boxing Day. The City win is pretty good fuel to propel this team forward. But every team is going to be tough to beat. 

Edited by mdmost

7 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Masch and Sturridge could be in the argument, but Fowler? Seems like a leap for what, like a year and a half? 

You could probably argue Phil over Suarez. I think down the road VVD will be right up there though. 

I forgot Mascherano was a January signing. 

One of my Sao Paulo buddies likes to remind me that he, Tevez and Nilmar played together at Corinthians.