Parking for football games

South Austin

I have family coming into town for the West Virginia game and they've asked about parking.  I've had designated parking for football games on campus through the Longhorn Foundation for the past 20 years, so I have no idea where folks without that access park for games.  I don't have enough room in my car for them to join me.  I assume that pay lots just on the other side of I35 are the best bet, but thought I would ask my Surly brethren.  Suggestions?

When we were there for USC we parked in the new garage by DF and rode the shuttle bus. Getting to the game was great but heading back we tried to ride the bus and ended up getting off and walking after about 15 minutes of the bus not moving. 

Nonetheless, the garage was pretty easy to get in and out of and since it was on the other side of the freeway, the traffic wasn't nearly as nuts as it can be in the immediate area around campus. 

19 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I have family coming into town for the West Virginia game and they've asked about parking.  I've had designated parking for football games on campus through the Longhorn Foundation for the past 20 years, so I have no idea where folks without that access park for games.  I don't have enough room in my car for them to join me.  I assume that pay lots just on the other side of I35 are the best bet, but thought I would ask my Surly brethren.  Suggestions?

I use the Speedway Garage. Close enough to the stadium, so the walk isn't too bad. But if the game is close into the 4th Q, it can be a bitch to get out of.

There are a couple of church lots right near/on campus (near College of Communication building side and 27th garage) with $20 donations usually, I've always had an easy time parking there and we like walking the campus and looking around on the way to the stadium.  I usually am not getting there too early (about 45 mins prior to kickoff) and it's always easy to get a spot.  I like that area because I can get out of there pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, Native Horn said:

Plenty of Kiwanis/Rotary Club $20 spots on Medical Arts Street near Dean Keeton (26th for the olds).  I park there every game and it's about a 7-10 minute walk to the North side of DKR.  Pretty easy getting out of a parking lot too as opposed to a parking garage.

This is the answer. Thanks to Native I did this on Saturday and it worked beautifully. 7 minute walk to the stadium.