New Mexico Bowl Thread of Dominance

RPM

the title should be Utah State thread of dominance

at this point I based on this small piece of evidence I think it is pretty clear Tech made the smarter hire

going over the basics sure north Texas state is missing their best receiver and their QB was knocked out, BUT it is pretty clear that one receiver was not going to make a bit of difference and the QB is 5-10 #180 if he played in any conference besides the worst half of a bad CUSA he would probably already be dead before this game (like Riley Dodge was)

it is indisputable that Utah State is massively more physical in this game and that is part of why the QB(s) are getting drilled left and right

sure this is a Utah State team that had a coach for 6 years Vs a north Texas state coach in his 3rd year, but Utah State is of course in Utah and the #3 team in Utah for sure Vs north Texas state being in the DFW metro mess.....it was 100% wells that recruited this group of line players that are just massively larger and more physical Vs the very small fineness north Texas state

the offense of Utah State is just toying with north Texas state and it is being called by the future OC for Tech

the defense is destroying them and they are playing the exact game that their DC (not coaching) likes to play and that is turnovers and the really is the past DC of Tech liked to play that same style so the players at Tech should be used to that

Utah State players have 1,000% more heart that north Texas state and that shows the type of players being recruited to each....Utah State actually lost their coaches while north Texas state held on to theirs even if the players might be mad they looked around

Utah State should be the ones disappointed about being in this game after losing their coaches and losing the Boise game and not winning the MWC and north Texas state should have had SOME pride in trying to play for 10 wins and a RARE bowl win for them.....but they seem to not give a fuck and to have just quit.....and this is not the first time this year or in other years that north Texas state coached by Littrell looks like they have stopped giving a fuck......Utah State has made plenty of stupid mistakes like the two personal fouls early on when the game was still much more of a game and their response was to just come out and destroy north Texas state

Utah State is clearly better on special teams while north Texas state sucks on special teams

other than the longevity of the FORMER staff at Utah State there should be no advantages for them, but they are clearly more physical, bigger, in better shape, better coached, much tougher mentally, and they simply want the game more even though they really have nothing but pride to play for

with the exception of some of those penalties like punting the ball after that INT and the personal fouls early in the first (stupid shit Tech is world renowned for)  this Utah State team is everything that Tech needs.....high powered O that plays fast, much better coaching, much better special teams, and a D that gets the ball back especially with turnovers and most of all heart and a belief they can win and should win even in games without much meaning (because making a spare bowl game is a Tech staple)

Littrell on paper seems to be recruiting OK, but I think there are a lot of skill players, no lineman and a lot of players that are soft as fuck (and it shows) while Wells has clearly recruited massively tougher players both mentally and physically and Tech needs much more of that Vs skill players that go limp at the first sign of adversity and or do stupid shot to lose even worse....and there are countless instances of north Texas state players dropping out and seeming to give up in meaningful games much less ones with little meaning 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

the title should be Utah State thread of dominance

at this point I based on this small piece of evidence I think it is pretty clear Tech made the smarter hire

going over the basics sure north Texas state is missing their best receiver and their QB was knocked out, BUT it is pretty clear that one receiver was not going to make a bit of difference and the QB is 5-10 #180 if he played in any conference besides the worst half of a bad CUSA he would probably already be dead before this game (like Riley Dodge was)

it is indisputable that Utah State is massively more physical in this game and that is part of why the QB(s) are getting drilled left and right

sure this is a Utah State team that had a coach for 6 years Vs a north Texas state coach in his 3rd year, but Utah State is of course in Utah and the #3 team in Utah for sure Vs north Texas state being in the DFW metro mess.....it was 100% wells that recruited this group of line players that are just massively larger and more physical Vs the very small fineness north Texas state

the offense of Utah State is just toying with north Texas state and it is being called by the future OC for Tech

the defense is destroying them and they are playing the exact game that their DC (not coaching) likes to play and that is turnovers and the really is the past DC of Tech liked to play that same style so the players at Tech should be used to that

Utah State players have 1,000% more heart that north Texas state and that shows the type of players being recruited to each....Utah State actually lost their coaches while north Texas state held on to theirs even if the players might be mad they looked around

Utah State should be the ones disappointed about being in this game after losing their coaches and losing the Boise game and not winning the MWC and north Texas state should have had SOME pride in trying to play for 10 wins and a RARE bowl win for them.....but they seem to not give a fuck and to have just quit.....and this is not the first time this year or in other years that north Texas state coached by Littrell looks like they have stopped giving a fuck......Utah State has made plenty of stupid mistakes like the two personal fouls early on when the game was still much more of a game and their response was to just come out and destroy north Texas state

Utah State is clearly better on special teams while north Texas state sucks on special teams

other than the longevity of the FORMER staff at Utah State there should be no advantages for them, but they are clearly more physical, bigger, in better shape, better coached, much tougher mentally, and they simply want the game more even though they really have nothing but pride to play for

with the exception of some of those penalties like punting the ball after that INT and the personal fouls early in the first (stupid shit Tech is world renowned for)  this Utah State team is everything that Tech needs.....high powered O that plays fast, much better coaching, much better special teams, and a D that gets the ball back especially with turnovers and most of all heart and a belief they can win and should win even in games without much meaning (because making a spare bowl game is a Tech staple)

Littrell on paper seems to be recruiting OK, but I think there are a lot of skill players, no lineman and a lot of players that are soft as fuck (and it shows) while Wells has clearly recruited massively tougher players both mentally and physically and Tech needs much more of that Vs skill players that go limp at the first sign of adversity and or do stupid shot to lose even worse....and there are countless instances of north Texas state players dropping out and seeming to give up in meaningful games much less ones with little meaning 

Yost is a damn good OC and I think that's where he wants to stay. Tech will be fine with him. Not sure who Wells hired as DC there but if he gets good assistants around him I think he can do as well as anyone there. He's terrible a micromanaging so as long as he can delegate things should be fine. 

Sure, Utah State is going through a coaching change but I don't think it feels like a loss or major disruption.  They are getting back the guy that started all this. Hopefully his deamons are behind him. 

Just now, pops said:

Yost is a damn good OC and I think that's where he wants to stay. Tech will be fine with him. Not sure who Wells hired as DC there but if he gets good assistants around him I think he can do as well as anyone there. He's terrible a micromanaging so as long as he can delegate things should be fine. 

Sure, Utah State is going through a coaching change but I don't think it feels like a loss or major disruption.  They are getting back the guy that started all this. Hopefully his deamons are behind him. 

the Utah State DC is coming to Tech there is an interview of him where he talks about coordinating a D for this type of offense and adjusting how you evaluate the performance of the D and it fits right into what is happening on the field today

the NMB trophy is pretty kick ass I am a fan of that type of pottery and for a "meh" bowl game that trophy looks damn good and would look great in a trophy case

21 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

the Utah State DC is coming to Tech there is an interview of him where he talks about coordinating a D for this type of offense and adjusting how you evaluate the performance of the D and it fits right into what is happening on the field today

the NMB trophy is pretty kick ass I am a fan of that type of pottery and for a "meh" bowl game that trophy looks damn good and would look great in a trophy case

Frank Maile is the DC and I believe he is probably going to stay.

15 minutes ago, F250 said:

Frank Maile is the DC and I believe he is probably going to stay.

he was the Co-DC and DLine coach

I guess it depends on how you look at it Maile was there for 3 years while Keith Patterson was in his first year and has a lot of experience at P5 programs.....so was he brought in because Maile was slipping who knows

but you are correct Maile was Co-DC and is staying (actually they said in the bowl game Anderson has offered him a job, but he is thinking it over so possibly no the DC job)

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

he was the Co-DC and DLine coach

I guess it depends on how you look at it Maile was there for 3 years while Keith Patterson was in his first year and has a lot of experience at P5 programs.....so was he brought in because Maile was slipping who knows

but you are correct Maile was Co-DC and is staying (actually they said in the bowl game Anderson has offered him a job, but he is thinking it over so possibly no the DC job)

Andersen hired Justin Ena from Utah as his DC so it would be a position spot again for Maile if he stayed. 

2 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

We'll call this the "modified Heisman" position?

ACU-Gildan-NM-Bowl-Tropy.jpg&w=600

• Haha 2

what i know about the mean green:
not many hot chicks went there back in the day
hayden fry went 9-2 in '77 and 9-2 in '78 but couldn't draw a bowl bid and finished his career at iowa.
zebras fixed the result at DKR in '88
kathy ireland looked good in a sTu kit
that's all i got
Fuck Hayden Fry