Home Wifi Mesh System Help

HouTex

I have ATT for my cell service (iPhone 7) and my cell reception sucks at home so I need wifi calling to talk inside my house.  I currently have a Comcast router upstairs and a TP Link extender downstairs and they work OK so long as you don't walk around the house while you talk.  They have different SSIDs (the extender is [comcastname].ext) and the phone will not hand off the connection without losing the call.  I understand that a true mesh system will allow the wifi signal to be seamlessly handed off from one node to another as you move around the house and that calls should not be disconnected.  There are reviews online saying that the Google system is not a true mesh system and that it has problems with ATT iPhone service in any event.  Has anyone had success with the TP-Link Deco, Linksys Velop or the EEROS systems using ATT wireless phone service?  Any other ideas?

5 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

I have eeros at home and wifi calling works great with At&t. But I also have google wifi at work and wifi calling also works great. 

Cheaper solution may be ditching At&t and getting a provider that works in your house. 

Thanks.  But no provider works well in our house.  It's a four year old patio home and for whatever reason no matter the carrier no one gets good reception inside my house.  So wifi calling is a must.  I used to have the ATT mini tower device and it worked well and then they discontinued it.  I'm looking at the eeros.

I have Velop in our house and it works well. We are using 2 nodes plus the base and that is covering the whole house, the pool area, and a detached garage with an apartment above it. No problems at all walking around the house. 

I have an additional node I am about to add and move them around a little as there are a couple of corners it does not quite reach. 

• Like 1

2400 sq ft house. We have the velop system. One tri band main node and two dual bands. It's made a noticeable difference. Our TVs all stream from Roku apps and we have somewhere around 10 Alexa/goog devices that work seamlessly without buffering or dropped service now. I can traverse our quarter acre property on a WiFi call and not get dropped. It's nice. Worth it to me.

For you folks with eeros, how often do you have to reboot the units?  We are about to get fiber at home and the new fiber router from our telco will almost never have to be rebooted.  My wife works from home, so I want something that is as stable as possible for her.  I might start out with two regular erro units so she can have a wired ap in her office.  I'm assuming one eero can be the router for the house and the 2nd eero in her office can function just as an ap?

51 minutes ago, kevwun said:

For you folks with eeros, how often do you have to reboot the units?  We are about to get fiber at home and the new fiber router from our telco will almost never have to be rebooted.  My wife works from home, so I want something that is as stable as possible for her.  I might start out with two regular erro units so she can have a wired ap in her office.  I'm assuming one eero can be the router for the house and the 2nd eero in her office can function just as an ap?

I've had mine for a couple of years, haven't rebooted yet. 

I ended up buying the Netgear Orbi mini from Costco mainly because of Costco’s generous return policy and the reviews were good. So far, it works very well. Wifi calls with our iPhones are fine even while moving all around the house. The internet connections on laptops and other devices seem better as well.

• Like 1