2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

On 8/11/2019 at 4:38 AM, Zavala said:

Lol Mike Perry is a Legend, flicks off the crowd as he holds onto underhooks against the cage.

Now the guillotine is squeezing all the blood outta Perry. He sucks but he's entertaining.

He's super entertaining character.  His gf ain't bad to look at either

On 8/13/2019 at 4:27 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol he just tries way too hard on the mic. That’s an area where some guys have it, and some guys don’t. Unless he wants to just go full heel like Covington, he needs to just let his fighting speak for itself. He just looks like an idiot on the mic.

lol he's trying to keep the manlet divisions alive, whatever it takes to keep people talking about you without having to fight...

10 hours ago, 52-80 said:

this card is gonna be a banger

I’m pretty excited for it. Thinking about betting Stipe. He’s a +124 underdog. For the life of me, every underdog I bet in mma besides Masvidal v Askren seems to blow up in my face, but I feel like this is a coin flip fight.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 hours ago, Zavala said:

Stipe by wrestlefuck 5 Rd decision

Pettis by headkick round 3

Yoel decisions Costa

Yuseff and Heinisch also

1566014692840-sp.gif

A lot of interesting takes here. No way stipe outwrestles DC. Also, have we ever seen Nate Diaz get KO’d? Like, ever? Maybe I’m missing an obvious one, but I don’t think he has. And if Yoel v costa ends in a decision, that would be pretty disappointing.

Also, god damn. Forgot about Gina. What is she up to these days 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

54 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

A lot of interesting takes here. No way stipe outwrestles DC. Also, have we ever seen Nate Diaz get KO’d? Like, ever? Maybe I’m missing an obvious one, but I don’t think he has. And if Yoel v costa ends in a decision, that would be pretty disappointing.

Also, god damn. Forgot about Gina. What is she up to these days 

Stipe was out wrestling DC until he took two eye pokes in a row and got caught.

Nate Diaz is a garbage idoit stoner. He looks like he's aged 20 years since 2013. Smoking weed all day and training for the last 3 years crying about the Conor decision isn't the same as fighting in the UFC for the last 3 years. Pettis looks healthy and way faster.

Yoel vs. Costa both men gas but Yoel having more in the tank. Maybe he puts Costa out, I'm just guessing what everyone thinks will happen won't. 

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

heavyweight fights, particularly with those guys, dont end in decisions...

Ngannou v. Stipe

38 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Stipe was out wrestling DC until he took two eye pokes in a row and got caught.

Nate Diaz is a garbage idoit stoner. He looks like he's aged 20 years since 2013. Smoking weed all day and training for the last 3 years crying about the Conor decision isn't the same as fighting in the UFC for the last 3 years. Pettis looks healthy and way faster.

Yoel vs. Costa both men gas but Yoel having more in the tank. Maybe he puts Costa out, I'm just guessing what everyone thinks will happen won't. 

Ngannou v. Stipe

I’m probably biased because I like Nate, but I don’t know that he was crying over his decision as much as he was just holding out for a 3rd fight with Conor. Conor v Nate was the highest grossing fight in UFC history at the time, and it was his first big money fight. He wasn’t active for the same reasons Conor wasn’t active. When you have a big payday, you just don’t need to be as active until another fight really peaks your interest. This sport pays like shit, and it’s brutal. If you aren’t clearly on track for a title in your next few fights, and you’ve had a big payday, I don’t see why he wouldn’t take time off. Hell, Pettis was the champ, and the cover of the wheaties box and I bet he never had a one fight payday like Nate got after that fight.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

34 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Ngannou v. Stipe

7 of stipes last 10 fights were finishes (KOs)

8 of francis last 10 fights were finishes (7 KOs)

5 of DC's last 10 hw fights were finishes (KOs)

Are you a betting man? 

Edited by 52-80

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yeah, the bigger point I was making about that fight was DC winning in a decision would be a lot more likely than Stipe winning in a decision. If stipe wins, it’s a KO IMO. DC winning by KO last time was pretty shocking. Didn’t know he had it in him.

These big boys are going to knock each other out cold.  Especially since they have 5 rounds with which to do it. 

That's basically the real reason to watch HW because broadly speaking they're not exactly talented (compared to WW, LW, even LHW)

Listen to any of his interviews. He thinks the UFC is fucking him over because they don't give him fights against guys that are "cool". 

Remember, Conor was the featherweight champion (145) supposed to fight RDA at 155 for the lightweight championship. First champ vs. champ in two different divisions fight.

Then two weeks before the fight RDA pulled out. Also and Frankie didn't want to fill in.

So they did the fight at welterweight (170) with Nate Diaz. Diaz wins againt 10-1 odds. They do a rematch, at 170, Conor wins. He goes back to 155 to win the lightweight championship. Then goes and boxes maymay. By this time he's done so much coke and booze he's a complete joke, but he always said he would give Nate the re-rematch at 155. Conor is too small for 170.

Anyway, while this is going on what exactly is Nate doing? Here's his interview after his last fight lol

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Good scrap.  Giagos was in charge until he gassed in the middle of the second.  Klose 29-28.

Yeah that choke sometimes will gas your arms. Still I think Klose also just woke up and started walking through punches to be able to land his and caught Giagos a few times, helped wear em out

11 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Somebody's about to get very sleepy.

Lol I'm still standing by my both men getting tired. I think it looks like Yoel gets tired first though. He's totally gassed, he can't make a round without that artificial break he got halfway through.