Tottenham 2019-20: Full Throttle

Captain Ron

12 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Yep, you might even say a “huge” win!

LOL. That's the effects of baby brain. First kid born Wednesday at 2:55 AM EST. Maybe 2 good nights sleep since then. MAYBE.

We're right there though. With the Chelsea losses, Spurs are just 3 points out of top 4. What looked like a pipe dream a month ago might be salvageable.

17 hours ago, midtown said:

Should we talk about the fact that Son gets reds?

Don't get me wrong. Love him but he might have a mean streak.

Sure, let's chat.

First - Spurs appealed the red card. It was denied and the card remained, he will miss the next 3 matches.

Now that said, the red cards ...

As far as the cards, I would note, Son is like just about every other player out there, he can lose his temper in the heat of the moment. But IMHO, outside of this most recent incident, I don't think Son was completely at fault in most. Let's look at them:

Red Card vs Bournemouth

Son pushing Lerma is a straight red, no question. But look at what Lerma does, he tries to kick/stomp Son's hand/leg as he's picking up the ball. You can also see him punch/swing on Son's head/back as he's getting the ball. This is reactionary and understandable. Lerma also got away with this about 10 minutes earlier

Red Card vs Everton

I broke that down a lot here: 

Agrees, he didn't deserve that red. It was overturned, so we can say that was done. At WORST that was a tactical foul.

So now we have the red against Chelsea. This was a dumb and red card worthy foul. You cannot throw studs at a guy, especially like that, and not expect that call. It was harsh.

So I would ask - what is there to talk about?