Saban story

futureman

8 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I've watched it twice, doesn't change what happened or what could of happened.  It's all woulda coulda shoulda.  I'm shocked that there's still a few here that dwell on that.  I used to be that way, until I started posting on TOS 10 years ago and got called out for it.  I realized, you know what, these assholes are right.....it's all just bullshit unless it really happened.  I complained about the last second once or twice and got called out for it.  It made me realize I was a dumbass for thinking that way.

I guess that road doesn't go both ways for some here.

Your coaches lost that game.  Not GG, not Colt getting hurt.  Hell, Saban gameplanned for Colt, not GG.  He didn't have a fucking clue what GG was capable of once he got into the game.  Using some of your logic, one could say the only reason you were even close was because GG was playing.

But all of it still reverts back to one thing....coaching.  Coaching lost that game, and damn near cost you the CCG 3 weeks prior.  Nebraska struggling to gain 100 fucking offensive yards that night and still being in the fucking game.....Nebraska was putrid offensively, they couldn't even beat Iowa fucking State at home that year, yet you want me to believe somehow magically they were almost as good as Alabama because of one fucking player?  GTFO

Texas lost that night and would have whether CM played or not.

Thank you for that insightful post.  

Enjoy endless future seasons of "just barely above .500" football.

11 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I've watched it twice, doesn't change what happened or what could of happened.  It's all woulda coulda shoulda.  I'm shocked that there's still a few here that dwell on that.  I used to be that way, until I started posting on TOS 10 years ago and got called out for it.  I realized, you know what, these assholes are right.....it's all just bullshit unless it really happened.  I complained about the last second once or twice and got called out for it.  It made me realize I was a dumbass for thinking that way.

I guess that road doesn't go both ways for some here.

Your coaches lost that game.  Not GG, not Colt getting hurt.  Hell, Saban gameplanned for Colt, not GG.  He didn't have a fucking clue what GG was capable of once he got into the game.  Using some of your logic, one could say the only reason you were even close was because GG was playing.

But all of it still reverts back to one thing....coaching.  Coaching lost that game, and damn near cost you the CCG 3 weeks prior.  Nebraska struggling to gain 100 fucking offensive yards that night and still being in the fucking game.....Nebraska was putrid offensively, they couldn't even beat Iowa fucking State at home that year, yet you want me to believe somehow magically they were almost as good as Alabama because of one fucking player?  GTFO

Texas lost that night and would have whether CM played or not.

You're completely full of crap.  Bama had no pass rush.  Their NT was 360-380 lbs and the entire defense was constructed to stop the run.  They got ONE sack against a freshman backup late in the game.  Colt picked teams apart with pressure in his face all season.  He would have done worse to Bama.  With no pressure, Colt likely doesn't throw a single INT, much less the FOUR that GG gave up and which set up most of Alabama's points.  They score 16 points w/o the turnovers.

The other side of the ball was even worse for the Tide.  Their passing game was a complete failure in the face of a strong Texas pass rush.  McElroy dropped by 16 times, resulting in 5 sacks (30%) for 33 yds and 6 completions for 58 yds.  That was throwing the ball with every conceivable advantage: running game going, passing at times of their choosing and using play action.  Put him in a situation where he HAS to throw the ball and the Texas pass rush can tee off and that's going to get even worse - probably MUCH worse.

But again, feel free to believe whatever myths you want.  Don't let little things like facts get in the way of your bias.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sushihorn said:

You're completely full of crap.  Bama had no pass rush.  Their NT was 360-380 lbs and the entire defense was constructed to stop the run.  They got ONE sack against a freshman backup late in the game.  Colt picked teams apart with pressure in his face all season.  He would have done worse to Bama.  With no pressure, Colt likely doesn't throw a single INT, much less the FOUR that GG gave up and which set up most of Alabama's points.  They score 16 points w/o the turnovers.

The other side of the ball was even worse for the Tide.  Their passing game was a complete failure in the face of a strong Texas pass rush.  McElroy dropped by 16 times, resulting in 5 sacks (30%) for 33 yds and 6 completions for 58 yds.  That was throwing the ball with every conceivable advantage: running game going, passing at times of their choosing and using play action.  Put him in a situation where he HAS to throw the ball and the Texas pass rush can tee off and that's going to get even worse - probably MUCH worse.

But again, feel free to believe whatever myths you want.  Don't let little things like facts get in the way of your bias.

Bottom line:

Fuck. Mack. Brown. /sherrod

11 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

We were down 24-21 with four minutes to go and had the ball, with fucking Garrett Gilbert as our QB for all but one possession of the game. Pretty sure it's reasonable to think we could have won if we'd had Colt the whole time.

/thread

now yall quit living in the past... mmmkay?

Nothing is going to surprise anyone when it comes to Brown's behavior.  I'm so glad that clown is back in North Carolina.  Up until he took the job and while with ESPN, the guy still had an office in Moncrief.  And he continued to milk the University for $500K / year, for nothing.  Hope his petulant, thin-skinned, whiny ass stays in NC and never steps foot back in Texas.  

And for those of you who still want to piss on Briles, I get it.   But I'll also tell you I send him a Christmas card every year and will continue to do so, for putting that final nail in Brown's coffin in December 2013.