Buying/Selling Cars Meta thread

Ok. We had a pretty good thread at the old place. Butt Fumble had some good stuff. It's now like 5 years later. What is the latest on this? 

Specifically, I am looking to sell a ~ 5 year old car and buy a ~ 1 year old car. I would like to maximize my return on both ends if possible. What I'm looking for is going to be fairly specific and hard to find. I'm not really thinking finding that vehicle within 200 miles and rolling up and trading in for whatever they offer is the best plan. 

Specifically, I am looking to sell a ~ 5 year old car

Whatcha got?

I need to buy something for my Mom.

This applies to anyone reading; don't want to drive more than maybe 100 miles away from 78620.

Tell me all the bad parts about your vehicle, don't make me come to look & find out it's got issues you (or any respondent) "forgot" to mention.

Prefer an SUV type where she can slide horizontally for in / out (needs total hip ×2, shoulder surgery, etc).

Would be nice if it was new enough for a backup camera but not a deal breaker.

Assume pretty much everything these days has power windows / locks / remote & automatic trans.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Why is this thread titled meta? This isn’t a thread to discuss threads discussing autos. It’s a thread to discuss autos. That’s not meta. What the hell? Have you people gone crazy?

Well shit. I thought this was the thread to discuss threads NOT discussing autos.