Sign in to follow this  
Gatorubet

2020 NCAA Baseball Thread

Former Dodgers’ first-rounder J.T. Ginn underwent Tommy John surgery yesterday, Mississippi State head coach Chris Lemonis announced. The 30th overall pick in the 2018 draft, Ginn turned down pro ball to head to MSU. The 20-year-old righty shined as a freshman in 2019 and looked to be a potential high draft pick again this June as a draft-eligible sophomore. He’ll still be eligible for the draft, of course, but it’ll be interesting to see if any team would be willing to offer him enough to persuade him against returning to Starkville for his junior season.

UC Santa Barbara killing it out west, CSF and Stanford cant get off the mat. 

I know it's early and the SOS is 130+ but it is nice to see how quickly Eric Wedge has turned things around at WSU. RPI is up to 27.  I'm pretty sure it's fools gold at this point, the meat of the schedule will be much tougher going forward, but these are basically the ex-coaches players doing this.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/rpi

Bring it on, Beau.

It's going to be just my luck that Texas will get to the CWS and no fans will be allowed, I'll catch the virus, or old age will catch up to me, and I'll be gone by the time the season rolls around again.

Posted (edited)

LSU - Ole Miss series got cancelled for the weekend. 

Edit:

SEC baseball seasons suspended until March 30

Edited by Js1