Hannibal TV Series

Augustus

So all 3 seasons of this show are now included with Prime membership, and I've re-watched my way to early season 3.

My god what a work of art (of the rather dark variety) this show was.

We had a good thread about it back in the day on Shaggy, but I wondered if anyone besides myself was giving it another look.

Mads Mikkelson's Hannibal Lecter is probably the most terrifying flim/TV villain I've ever seen.  Every performance among this cast, in fact, is stellar.

The only disappointment for me was the absurdity (among plenty of absurdities, I admit) of Hannibal's relocation to Europe and assumption of a very public position that somehow fails to attract attention of authorities, while at the same time escaping anyone's notice that he's not the actual Roman Fell.  This series is set in the time of world wide web, after all.

Otherwise, magnificent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

That's where they lost me. I only got a few episodes into that weird season. Mads is fantastic in everything.

We also petered out after only a few episodes of the third season for no real reason. 

The first two seasons were mindblowing. I was continually amazed by what they aired on network television.