Jump to content

San Antonio Spurs 2020-21 Season Thread: Puro Pinche Loteria


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, hornfan785 said:

Who the hell is this SGA guy? Has his career high already at the end of the 3rd. Seems like guys always seem to have career high games against us.

casual

Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone ever asks me why Patty never got a chance to be the primary #1 ball handler on a team throughout his entire career, I'll show them that clip.

Low BBIQ play. Dribble yourself into a double team near the corner with four seconds on the clock. Fucking terrible.

The ball should have been in DJ's hands on that play. He is by far the best player on the team not named Derozan. And he's been decisive and intentional with the ball this year. Blind loyalty to vets costs Pop one. Shitty loss. Fuck. First loss that's actually pissed me off in awhile.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BradInATX said:

If anyone ever asks me why Patty never got a chance to be the primary #1 ball handler on a team throughout his entire career, I'll show them that clip.

Low BBIQ play. Dribble yourself into a double team near the corner with four seconds on the clock. Fucking terrible.

The ball should have been in DJ's hands on that play. He is by far the best player on the team not named Derozan. And he's been decisive and intentional with the ball this year. Blind loyalty to vets costs Pop one. Shitty loss. Fuck. First loss that's actually pissed me off in awhile.

He's better than Derozan, too. I wasn't able to watch the game but it was shitty to see we lost since it looks like we were leading for a lot of it. 

But then I see that Samanic started and Bates-Diop played 20 mins and I can't be that mad I guess. The LMA shit concerns me. He's going to make us worse until he isn't on the team anymore. And Pop may be too stubborn to accept that. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ztejas said:

He's better than Derozan, too. I wasn't able to watch the game but it was shitty to see we lost since it looks like we were leading for a lot of it. 

But then I see that Samanic started and Bates-Diop played 20 mins and I can't be that mad I guess. The LMA shit concerns me. He's going to make us worse until he isn't on the team anymore. And Pop may be too stubborn to accept that. 

 

It was a miracle that we were in the game, but that doesn't change that Pop and Patty fucked it up and it sucks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dejounte is really playing well right now. His improvement is evident in nearly every aspect of his game - shooting from distance, finishing at the rim, running the offense in general and he's also become really dangerous picking people on defense for break aways. He's always been an exceptional rebounder for a pg and been a plus defender, and he's always had enough shake and handle to create for himself, but he's really taken the next step this season. I had come close to writing him off before the season and figured that White was the man to run the offense going forward, but dj's play has been eye opening. It's been one of the more fun things to watch this season. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

My only question about this game is which team @ztejas is rooting for but I guess with Durant out it's the Spurs.

Spurs all the way. Even if Durant was playing.

We have ran some awful offensive sets but hanging in there. I'd like to not see anymore Trey Lyles jumpers or Patty step back 3s.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck man, I love Patty, but it's time to move on. We can do better with those minutes than one of the biggest defensive liabilities in the league who has become sloppy with the ball and is a wildly inconsistent shooter. He's a huge negative at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

This is the worst rebounding spurs team I have ever seen. 

 

The play where Lonnie sort of stood there and waited for the rebound to bounce to him while the Nets player just came in and scooped and scored was jaw-droppingly terrible. This game has all of the things about this Spurs team that suck balls. Patty doing stupid shit, Lonnie being a low-effort mental midget, Aldridge being a slow-motion turnstile on defense, and Trey Lyles. Shitty.

Edited by BradInATX
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

 

The play where Lonnie sort of stood there and waited for the rebound to bounce to him while the Nets player just came in and scooped and scores was jaw-droppingly terrible. This game sucks.

Also the play where Larsen shorts a three but some Spurs player neglects to box him out and he gets an easy layup. Thanks Patty!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This didn't age well. 

Dammit you should have let play out to its completion. Way to jinx us Mitch. 

But wow, they almost did blow it. I thought it was safe to turn off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luka is making a fan out of me. We may have something here, fellas. That kid is probably one of our better defenders the last three games. I didn’t think he had it in him, especially in that end of the court. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Luka is making a fan out of me. We may have something here, fellas. That kid is probably one of our better defenders the last three games. I didn’t think he had it in him, especially in that end of the court. 

He still does dumb shit but his flashes outweigh it. He can stroke it and like you said seems capable on D. 

In other news, the Knicks are still the Knicks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...