Sam Houston State 1

Wednesday (4/14):

Texas Southern @ Oklahoma 

Air Force @ Kansas

Stephen F. Austin @ Texas Tech 

Marshal @ West Virginia

Northern Colorado @ Kansas State

Nevada @ Texas

TCU up 9-8 over OSU in the 8th.  Game has been going well over 4 hours thus far.  We still gotta play 'em both obviously, but curious to see what happens with this series this weekend.  Off to a crazy start.  38 hits, walks, and reach on error thus far.  16 strikeouts and 19 left on base.  3 stolen bases and 9 pitchers.  

A lot of people ask me as a baseball guru, what makes Big XII baseball so special?  

And I have to answer, "one word...volume."  

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

TCU up 9-8 over OSU in the 8th.  Game has been going well over 4 hours thus far.  We still gotta play 'em both obviously, but curious to see what happens with this series this weekend.  Off to a crazy start.  38 hits, walks, and reach on error thus far.  16 strikeouts and 19 left on base.  3 stolen bases and 9 pitchers.  

A lot of people ask me as a baseball guru, what makes Big XII baseball so special?  

And I have to answer, "one word...volume."  

This game kind of sums up my feelings about the Big 12 this year. Outside of Texas, I don't think these other teams have elite pitching. TCU and Oklahoma State have good pitching but it's not in the top tier group. 

TCU, Oklahoma State and Tech can all hit though. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Looks like the Texas @ tcu series will be the biggie, as there is some separation from the others and other than us tcu only has the Kansas schools and wvu left so I doubt they have many losses from those 9 games. 

Yep.

Tech keeps pissing away games and any chance of catching either team. The head-to-head matchups will be a non-factor at this rate. If they don't figure it out soon, their chances at being a regional host may go down the drain as well.

16 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Yeah this was the most infuriating series in ages for this osu fan.  Horrible bullpen management, senseless defensive lapses, questionable calls by third base coaching...all three games blew leads.  Just sad all around.  

Neither pitching staff was stellar.

11 hours ago, Horny Bull said:

Saturday (4/17):

West Virginia 6

Texas Tech 5

TCU 8

Oklahoma State 7

Kansas State 3

Oklahoma 2 (DH)

Oklahoma 6

Kansas State 4 (DH)

Baylor 8

Kansas 2 (DH)

Baylor 6

Kansas 2 (DH)

Texas 3

Abilene Christian 1

Yeah I’m growing more and more confident we’re gonna take care of Okie state and Tech. Gonna come down to us and the cockroaches. We’ve got better pitching and defense. Time to do what Texas baseball does. Take care of business 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Homercles said:

Yeah this was the most infuriating series in ages for this osu fan.  Horrible bullpen management, senseless defensive lapses, questionable calls by third base coaching...all three games blew leads.  Just sad all around.  

I’m really looking forward to Melendez and Cam Williams in y’all’s little league park. That’s gonna be beautiful 

• Hook 'Em 1