3 killed and 2 injured in shooting in Kenosha

RPM

Three people were killed and two others injured with gunshot wounds in a shooting early Sunday morning at The Somers House Tavern in Kenosha County, Wisconsin, Kenosha County Sheriff's Department spokesperson Sgt. David Wright told CNN.

The shooting happened inside the tavern and the first call came in at 12:42 a.m., said Wright.
The two victims with gunshot wounds were taken to local hospitals with serious injuries.
The suspect in the shooting has not been located, according to Wright.

Officials do not believe there is any threat to the community following the shooting, adding that this appears to be a targeted and isolated incident.
The shooting is still being investigated and there is no information on the motive at this time, Wright said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/18/us/kenosha-shooting-tavern-sunday/index.html

"A targeted incident?"  

12:42am at a bar in Wisconsin.  Wouldn't exactly call that a tactical choice for mass murder.  Just gonna go out a limb and suggest somebody stupid and/or drunk in Wisconsin had a weapon out in the car because they're an "avid hunter" and came inside, opened fire, and the melee spread back outside.  What's important is that stupid people continue to have carte blanche access to firearms at all times despite drinking problems and anger management issues.  

This is the Way.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

"A targeted incident?"  

12:42am at a bar in Wisconsin.  Wouldn't exactly call that a tactical choice for mass murder.  Just gonna go out a limb and suggest somebody stupid and/or drunk in Wisconsin had a weapon out in the car because they're an "avid hunter" and came inside, opened fire, and the melee spread back outside.  What's important is that stupid people continue to have carte blanche access to firearms at all times despite drinking problems and anger management issues.  

This is the Way.  

I mean you have access, right? 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

"A targeted incident?"  

This is the Way.  

I can't imagine coming up with a worse take if I tried. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Ridingtosunset said:

It's a bad take to think that somebody at a bar in Wisconsin got drunk, got pissed off, got their weapon from a vehicle or nearby residence, and came back blasting?  

I've been fishing in Wisconsin 1000 times growing up.  I can't remember a bar that didn't have vehicles outside with weapons in them and people inside with drinking problems.  It's Wisconsin.  Not judging, it's just the Northwoods Way.  

It's a bad take to think that somebody at a bar in Wisconsin got drunk, got pissed off, got their weapon from a vehicle or nearby residence, and came back blasting?  
I've been fishing in Wisconsin 1000 times growing up.  I can't remember a bar that didn't have vehicles outside with weapons in them and people inside with drinking problems.  It's Wisconsin.  Not judging, it's just the Northwoods Way.  
Kenosha is not the Northwoods.

Didn't say it was, said where I've been fishing/hunting in Wisconsin was in the Northwoods.  Then generalized out from there and said bars in Wisconsin have even more cars running heavy than Texas does.  

This place in Kenosha is NOT in the northwoods, but looks like a run of the mill Wisconsin roadside bar.  Maybe they have gang activity.  I agree it wasn't random, somebody crazy didn't just drive past it and decide, "This it the place to let the world know who I am!"  But that kinda Wisconsin bar, that hour of night, that type of clientele in that part of Wisconsin.  Somebody got pissed, went and got a gun, and came back.  I'm reading the fucking police interview with CNN  and it clearly states, "A person removed from the establishment and came back a short time later with a weapon/or weapons."  I don't get the confusion here.  It's a crazy fuck who got triggered after boozing for several hours and came back blasting.  There's no conspiracy here, no anti-2nd amendment shit.  And nobody just "shows up" to a bar in Wisconsin dead sober at 12:40am.  The guy was there, something happened, he came back packing and went on a killing spree, and is now gone.  How is this confusing? 

1 hour ago, Ridingtosunset said:

You just need to reimagine it then.  Anything can be anything you want.

I'm not a bank robber, I'm a liberator of colored paper made of fiber.

You can if you try...

Why do you think I put it in "quotes" in the original post?  I don't know how else to get sarcasm across.  When we refer to someone as an "avid hunter" or "avid reader" or "avid ventriloquist", we're saying we really don't that person has that qualification/hobby/trait.  I thought quotes would get that point across.  I guess I'll use "italics" next time? 

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Why do you think I put it in "quotes" in the original post?  I don't know how else to get sarcasm across.  When we refer to someone as an "avid hunter" or "avid reader" or "avid ventriloquist", we're saying we really don't that person has that qualification/hobby/trait.  I thought quotes would get that point across.  I guess I'll use "italics" next time? 

No, fair enough.  Too many fucksticks out shooting the place up right now, so read right past any sarcasm.  My bad. Carry on. 

Plus given the hour of the shooting right before last-call, I'm sure the gunman was a "night-putter", just putting...at night.  With a semi-automatic weapon and the 15 year old daughter of the dean.

Edited by Lobo

Didn't say it was, said where I've been fishing/hunting in Wisconsin was in the Northwoods.  Then generalized out from there and said bars in Wisconsin have even more cars running heavy than Texas does.  
This place in Kenosha is NOT in the northwoods, but looks like a run of the mill Wisconsin roadside bar.  Maybe they have gang activity.  I agree it wasn't random, somebody crazy didn't just drive past it and decide, "This it the place to let the world know who I am!"  But that kinda Wisconsin bar, that hour of night, that type of clientele in that part of Wisconsin.  Somebody got pissed, went and got a gun, and came back.  I'm reading the fucking police interview with CNN  and it clearly states, "A person removed from the establishment and came back a short time later with a weapon/or weapons."  I don't get the confusion here.  It's a crazy fuck who got triggered after boozing for several hours and came back blasting.  There's no conspiracy here, no anti-2nd amendment shit.  And nobody just "shows up" to a bar in Wisconsin dead sober at 12:40am.  The guy was there, something happened, he came back packing and went on a killing spree, and is now gone.  How is this confusing? 

037310dd47c22da6e8892a9447ed4da4.jpg

I always loved that one because Larson wasn't one to draw superfluous details.  but the painting above the bar always cracked me up for some reason.   I guess it was easier than drawing a mirror with everyone's reflections to worry about.  but the seductress on the mypilow.com photo shoot is just too funny.