T.O declines invitation to HOF induction ceremony

Goo Punch

Hall of Fame voter: I wouldn't have voted for Terrell Owens if I knew he wasn't going to show up

It took three tries for Owens to be voted into the Hall of Fame -- and now he won't attend the enshrinement ceremony

I guess this voter thinks it's all about them (the voters0, and not the person they're voting for.  

Edited by Bullneck

On 6/7/2018 at 7:27 PM, bmbmd said:

Lots of people are done with the NFL.  Maybe he's one of 'em.

I bet he’s boycotting because of the athlete’s all kneeling for the anthem.  He’s just strongly patriotic.   What a great American!

14 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I guess this voter thinks it's all about them (the voters0, and not the person they're voting for.  

This is the problem right here. Some butthurt writer that isn't even considering on field accomplishments with his votes. And TO is the one who's being petty? Please.

Edited by Pam Cummings

On 6/8/2018 at 10:48 AM, Valmy77 said:

There is also something to be said for spending your entire career with elite franchises and always coming up small in big moments. Like TO. Maybe don't lose all the time and maybe you can be 1st ballot. Champions get 1st ballot, not losers.

9 catches for 122 yards on a broken leg in the Super Bowl. Come on man.

I’m listening to a couple of bozos on talk radio screaming at each other about TO while I wait for this Super Regional to start, and one thing is clear: there are only two camps when it comes to TO: those who have never liked him as a person but who recognize clear and obvious and undeniable greatness enough to acknowledge his career, and those who hate him with a fiery passion to the point of downplaying everything he ever did. I can’t name another athlete ever who’s had his statistical, on-field production more downplayed due solely to his personality. Statistically it basically goes Rice, Miss, TO, but if you hate hate him then you can convince yourself that we wasn’t all that good. He’s like an outfielder who batted .315, hit 550 HR, and stoke 350 bags and people act like he really wasn’t that good and/or isn’t a first ballot HOFer.

Edited by Goo Punch

These white guys in the radio are trying so hard not to say the N word.

”WHERE DID WE GET STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE?! THAT WAS RANDY. MOSS. HE IS AN ABSOLUTE JERK.”

I must have missed what was so deplorable/reprehensible about saying, “Straight cash homie.”

Edited by Goo Punch

On 6/7/2018 at 7:27 PM, bmbmd said:

Lots of people are done with the NFL.  Maybe he's one of 'em.

“Terrell Owens said that he’s done with training camp, but frankly, I think that training camp is done with TO. I’m Rachel Nichols, ESPN.”

Edited by Goo Punch

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

These white guys in the radio are trying so hard not to say the N word.

”WHERE DID WE GET STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE?! THAT WAS RANDY. MOSS. HE IS AN ABSOLUTE JERK.”

I must have missed what was so deplorable/reprehensible about saying, “Straight cash homie.”

That was one of most genuine, albeit very direct, responses in the history of interviews.

There was zero wrong with what Moss said.