Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
Hugo Stiglitz

Comic Relief: Satirical Tweets and Memes

On 5/17/2020 at 7:26 PM, ROFL BOX said:

It's certainly his right to do so, but Emaw definitely holds the record for the most asinine & boring crap posted in this thread.  We assume you have Cheeto dust on your lips?

Actually, I negged almost every post of his on this page.  Why?

Because none of them are funny and they are just a cover for his weirdo views.   He's very stupid.  At least he confines himself to this page rather than trying to engage in a discussion where he can't hold up his end of the conversation.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find his Bongino post and neg that.  

On 5/18/2020 at 10:34 PM, EMAWesome said:

spacer.png

Dude, asbestos was an accepted material choice at one time.  

What Is Regulatory Capture?

Regulatory capture is an economic theory that says regulatory agencies may come to be dominated by the industries or interests they are charged with regulating. The result is that an agency, charged with acting in the public interest, instead acts in ways that benefit the industry it is supposed to be regulating.

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

You really don't remember the big campaign in the 90's/00's to get rid of all the landmines in Africa.  Yes, they were all dangerous and many hurt innocent people but many villages/tribes  (NOT ALL, NOT MOST, but many) opted to keep theirs on the outskirts of town for protection from invading militias because the villagers knew where they were and navigated around them or would flag them so they could peacefully wander/hunt/travel.  But when word of trouble from neighboring areas came, they'd remove the markings.  Anyway, it wasn't anywhere near as big as malaria obviously but it did save a few tribes from getting out and out slaughtered because the invaders would get a dozen guys blowed up and just kinda think "yeah, not worth it).  Anyway, it's a small story but the huge story was Western White Women with savior complexes decided all landmines should be lifted out and then you get fun shit like Darfur (not directly, but the removal of mines didn't help.)))

I'm 27, I had no idea that even was an issue. Yeah, it'd be smarter to have them in.

23 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I'm 27, I had no idea that even was an issue. Yeah, it'd be smarter to have them in.

I am going to call BS on that, at least on a general rule. There are not enough resources paid to mine removal and it causes loss of use of land, loss of life and limb, and long-term environmental effects. They are expensive and dangerous to remove, so it is not usually done, but status quo is also not great.

And maybe I'm wrong - maybe existing mines really are a deterrent from an invasion. How many lives were lost due to malnutrition, lack of money for school so having to work in dangerous conditions, etc. Again, not trying to force a policy anywhere but an attempt to be made to look at full picture.

Going back to the DDT example, if a village does not want land mines removed, take that into account. Skip to the next village. For DDT - inform locals, make attempt to shield them / their food supply from effects, and I (and Carson) doesn't have objection.

5 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

0654dfc69cc2d0c2a2de6efb7adb5c30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The best part about this is Fabuloso has NO disinfecting properties. 

I've never gotten a handjob from 6' away...(russell ziskey voice), "But I am willing to learn!"  

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion