Errestaurants

Cattle & Ranching

Couple steers I'm kinda feeding out. Doing something a little different then years past. Keeping them sack broke but mostly grass and lots of pasture and a little older. Got a couple sold plus one donated. The other 2 I'll keep. Maybe a couple of you guys can come over 4 a dinner. 39fea36d0d4202f51bbe33384f20d0c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

No, but I have been setting up a lot more catch pens and loading facilities based on the "Bud Box" idea of cattle always wanting to go back from whence they came.  My main working facility is based on Temple Grandin's idea of cattle circling, and it works very well, but everything is stout panels, posts, and gates.  In my less-secure facilities, I think the idea of cattle thinking they're getting away and then bam- they're somehow on the trailer- works pretty well.

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

No, but I have been setting up a lot more catch pens and loading facilities based on the "Bud Box" idea of cattle always wanting to go back from whence they came.  My main working facility is based on Temple Grandin's idea of cattle circling, and it works very well, but everything is stout panels, posts, and gates.  In my less-secure facilities, I think the idea of cattle thinking they're getting away and then bam- they're somehow on the trailer- works pretty well.

It seems Bud Box is becoming more popular. I hear a lot of guys liking them. 

I bet that SSQA post driver makes quick work of a post fence. Very jealous of that when it comes to digging or drilling postholes and concreting or sledgehammering them in.

1 hour ago, davidg said:

I bet that SSQA post driver makes quick work of a post fence. Very jealous of that when it comes to digging or drilling postholes and concreting or sledgehammering them in.

Super quick work. No concrete needed. 

On 2/15/2020 at 8:06 PM, davidg said:

I built a 30x40 pole barn with one once. Sunk some 2 3/8” 8’ down.  That dude was amazing and made for a very stiff pole barn. 

Burning got underway last weekend and then the rain moved in. Had about an inch of rain over the last 48 hrs and 7" since New Years. Looks like the pastures are going to be in great shape going into the season. The ponds should have enough to get through the blast furnace you know will hit us in July and August. Going to start riding fences as soon as the rain stops later this week.