zlavydra

2020 Texas Baseball

13 hours ago, petscii said:

The regular season would just be ending about now.  

Sigh 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Will be very interesting to see how the draft impacts the incoming class.  Kelley is almost certainly gone.  But Witt, Jones, Halpin, and Tucker are all projected anywhere from late 1st to early 3rd.  I would be really surprised if Campbell or Sthele were drafted high enough to sign.  So if you assume that Kelley, Elder, Witt, and Tucker are drafted away, here’s how I see the 35 man roster:

C:’ Ardoin, Powell, Constantine

IF: Faltine*, Campbell*, Zubia*, Williams*, Dixon, Stehly, Daly, Melendez, Nixon

OF: Halpin*, Kennedy*, Ellis*, Todd*, Hodo, Porter

RHP: Jones*, Sthele*, Madden*, Duplantier*, Fields*, Kubichek*, Southard, Cobb, Quintanilla, Stevens, Merryman, Taylor

LHP: Hansen*, Walbridge, Wallace, Gordon, Noah

Out: Swope, Petrinsky, Diaz, Ford, Geib, Peter, Eckhardt, Meaney, Bryant

Weak at catcher but otherwise a stacked lineup, with insane upside in the rotation and plenty of pitching depth.  Sky’s the limit.

Lineup:

SS Faltine

OF Halpin

OF Kennedy

1B Zubia

3B Williams

DH/OF Ellis

DH/OF Todd

2B Campbell

C Ardoin

Bench: Powell, Dixon, Stehly, Hodo

Weekend SP: Jones, Madden, Hansen

Weekday SP: Sthele, Kubichek, Cobb

Primary RP: Duplantier, Southard, Walbridge, Stevens, Quintanilla, Merryman

Edited by Snake Diggity

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I would have liked that.  I could have gone to Phoenix and stayed with my oldest while watching the horns kick some ASU ass (while watching some ASU ass).  The we could have hosted TCU in the Supers

Retire Beau Hale's number before the game?

Those were the days, first we bitch about getting sent out to Tallahassee, then we bitch about Tempe, but by the time we get shipped to Oxford,  Ole Miss fans were bitching about getting Texas, they knew. Augie's teams could go anywhere and kick teeth in, it was beautiful.

Those were the days, first we bitch about getting sent out to Tallahassee, then we bitch about Tempe, but by the time we get shipped to Oxford,  Ole Miss fans were bitching about getting Texas, they knew. Augie's teams could go anywhere and kick teeth in, it was beautiful.

Best of years. Sigh.