San Antonio Spurs 2019-2020 season thread: Just here for the HEB commercials

Kermit

2 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Watching this game is a nightly reminder that LMA is a giant pussy when faced with a player of equal or greater value and that I wish Demar was on one of our rival teams instead of ours. My nightly bitch session. Carry on. 

LMA is simply on the wrong side of 30. If he was our 3rd option he would still be a good player and a nice piece. 

Derozan frustrates the ever loving shit out of me. In no universe is he worth $27 million. 

3 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Demar is just a giant bag of suck. He just sucks. He’s fucking horrible and has no situational awareness whatsoever. 

I don't understand what he's good at. He's not a plus defender. He's an average rebounder. He doesn't run the offense. He doesn't score particularly efficiently. 

Too many good looks that didn't go down to win this one tonight. All things considered though, not a terrible loss by any means. 

My lord though, I have never felt less confident in any player with the ball in the fourth quarter as Derozen. He's just a choke waiting to happen. Certainly there is some eastern conference team that thinks they are a Derozen away from making a playoff run. Somebody call MJ and see if he's feeling frisky. 

Watch Demar shoot the ball five seconds into the shot clock. See Demar dribble into three defenders and lose possession. Behold Demar leave his feet in an ill-advised attempt to shoot and then make a horrible pass at someone’s feet. Witness Demar inexplicably switch onto Anthony Davis when he didn’t have to. 

16 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Trade him to GSW for Russell. Helps them tank and frees up salary for them next year.

And that would give us a 5th PG?  Not like Spurs are really keen on flipping players in trades all that often.  We need another front court piece.  I'm sort of looking over at Orlando or Indiana as possible trade partners.

If we trade Derozan for anything it should be a front court player that's got some gangster. Not some fundamentally sound Euro who just shakes it off when he gets dunked on. Not a really nice guy from Texas or Connecticut like Aldridge or Gay. Give me a big mean dude that went to Miami or Xavier or something. Someone who will foul some people hard and dunk on fools then stand over them for a bit. We need that. This team is a bunch of dudes who I'd let watch my kid for a few hours. We need a couple people whose house you pass by when you're trick or treating.

Edited by BradInATX

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

If we trade Derozan for anything it should be a front court player that's got some gangster. Not some fundamentally sound Euro who just shakes it off when he gets dunked on. Not a really nice guy from Texas or Connecticut like Aldridge or Gay. Give me a big mean dude that went to Miami or Xavier or something. Someone who will foul some people hard and dunk on fools then stand over them for a bit. We need that. This team is a bunch of dudes who I'd let watch my kid for a few hours. We need a couple people whose house you pass by when you're trick or treating.

does it matter if they can play basketball or is that just a plus?